I am a HUGE fan of the marriage of convenience trope, so even though this book has a few issues, I tend to gloss over them. :-D
Full review on my blog at some point; link in bio.
It‘s Friday. Let‘s do this!
Quite new to Litsy, but here is my first post!!!!
Working on my vacation #TBR, and a reread of Friday's Child is high on the priority list. I love rereads for vacations - no stress about how things are going to turn out!
#litsywelcomewagon - any tips or insights are quite appreciated as I feel my way around this new site!!
1. 😂🤷🏼♀️⭐️ - I like to laugh and star my book choices. And I have kids. 😜
2. One of my cousins is graduating high school. She was born 2 months after *I* graduated. 😳
3. Tonight was my youngest‘s preschool promotion! I‘ll have a kindergartener again very soon. 🙂
4. Eldest of 5.
5. Here I come, just barely still on Friday! #friyayintro
1️⃣ Rocky and Bullwinkle @BarbaraTheBibliophage
2️⃣ Paris & Prince Edward Island @Melissa_J
3️⃣ random inspiration @emtobiasz
4️⃣ Megan Miranda @youneverarrived
5️⃣ top 2 books so far in 2019? @Eggs
Life after Life, Kate Atkinson, Elegance of the Hedgehog, Muriel Barberry
This week‘s #friyayintro is brought to you with a little help from Nov of 2017. I asked people to ask their own question, and I saved a few of my fave answers!
So this time you can answer some fun questions from @BarbaraTheBibliophage @emtobiasz @Melissa_J & @youneverarrived ! & then ask your own question at the end. 🙂
(You can tag them if ya want, but if it‘s too much work, just tag #friyayintro to make sure it gets seen!)
1. Maybe not bring back, but I‘d live the 00s again—probably my most difficult but also most rewarding decade. Grad school, first “career” job (publishing/editorial), then packing it in to move to South Africa for 3 years!
2. Print! I enjoy audiobooks for lighter fiction, though.
3. Older by 5 years.
4. Almost 💯miles exactly. I lived MUCH farther away for over 1/4 of my life, but have been back in SoCal for almost 10 years.
1. Truthfully, none of them, except maybe the fashion of the 1920s.
2. I‘m still a paper person, although I do use my Kindle a lot.
3. Definitely older-67.
4. No. Pennsylvania to Florida is definitely more than 100 miles 😄
5. Thanks for the tag @Crazeedi Off to read and comment.
1. Story, my darling chihuahua. We also have a chiweene named Maize, a cat named Garfield and a pregnant goat.
2. Hanging out with the hubby before he leaves Monday for two weeks to start a new job.
3. Baking goodies and yelling at my kids. 🤣
4. ⚯͛ world, Washington during cherry season, and NYC at Christmas time.
5. What‘s your favorite smell? Mine is probably wet, freshly turned earth.
1. The Most handsome Brittany you‘ll ever meet (Jaxson) 🐾
2. Homework, course work, and project work....oh! And how to train your dragon 🐉
3. Dog training, photography, scuba diving for some
4. Hawaii, Alaska, and Washington (too many things to see in each for me to limit it more than that 😜)
5. What was the last movie you saw?
1. Sadly not
2. It's supposed to be unseasonably warm (14°C) so going to the seaside and then the cinema
3. I pick up honoured for a while but always end up dropping them again
4. The Highlands, the Islands, Coventry (I'd really like to see the cathedral)
5. Have and 2019 reads made it into your all-time-favourite list yet?
1. I prefer stand-alone books to series (but I still read a lot of series)
2. Salty! Chips and guac all day!
3. Hilda and Bill, Joe and Kathryn (I was named after her)
4. Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin
1. Teleport! Mind reading would be hell I think.
2. Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor (partway through, stopped to push on an audiobook due back at library)
3. Write more, procrastinate less. So far, mixed bag. Some really good, some really bad days, productivity wise.
4. Forensic Files and Friends. Downton Abbey and Mrs Maisel on Prime.
1. Goodreads challenge of 75 books; read books I already own & stop using the library as much.
3. Wonder Woman 4evah!
4. January (2nd)
5. Shout out to my fellow Capricorns! 🖐
1. Hm…pretzels maybe? They seem to be my go to snack. I‘m not a foodie so I really don‘t care much about food lol
2. Stephen King? Or maybe Dean Koontz. He really started me in the whole mystery/horror genre
3. If we‘re talking Disney, Aladdin or Flynn Rider. But Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon 2…that cute boy turned handsome. I have a thing for guys with great hair I guess 😂
4. Night owl
5. Will do
📗I couldn't find it on here, but it was called ABC Book of Words. It was a Sesame Street book my sister and I loved.
📚📷 I mostly read, but I do enjoy photography.
🏡 I'm heading to San Diego in a few months to see if I like it there. I'd love to try Sweden & Ireland
1. So many but…Princess Bride
2. Again so many. Always have a lot of fun on vacation whether it‘s a beach trip or exploring a new city
5. Favorite thing about your city/town
Thx for the tag @vivastory ?
1. Both. The California in me says "you guys", but I like to spice things up with a "you all" now and then.
2. Three, but I sometimes pronounce it the other way ?
3. Overdrive, Kindle, Audible, Hoopla, Goodreads, Litsy, SFPL. The other day my phone suggested deleting some apps to make space. NO THANKS.
4. Reading. Maybe watching Sharp Objects?
5. I tag you all/guys! Happy Friday ?
1. Kicking it poolside, writing/reading, and maybe an amusement park
3. Omg yes! Been seriously thinking I need to move closer because I‘m a much happier person there
4. Dirty blonde (got those dark roots and brows but the rest of the hair is pretty blonde)
5. TGIF #friyay peeps!
💖 Daughters, sons-in-law, grands
🌞 Sunset 🌅
🌊 Yes, if it's not trashed
🙋🏼When younger: dark brown Now: grey/white
🙌🏻 @whatshesreadingnow @JoScho @Alwaysbeenaloverofbooks @SilversReviews @Cathythoughts @geodynamical
1. Ice cream on the back porch. 🍦
2. Well, I made this pic last night, when the answer was Chernow‘s Grant. But I finished Josh and Hazel‘s Guide to Not Dating this morning!
3. Incredibles 2! It was so cute. I had a movie date with Juliet. 😍
5. Here I come!
1. Ok so that‘s three pictures. It‘s been a summer of eating, hanging out with the kids, and an endless harvest of cherry tomatoes
2. Spinning by Tillie Walden. A delightful coming-of-age graphic novel about a young ice skater.
3. Jurassic World
1. Summer = Parades. My SIL is a firefighter and so my daughter and granddaughter get to ride along a lot. Presley always has skid marks on her face. Probably because there are mostly boys in her neighborhood. 🤣
2. Summer Wives by Beatriz Williams
3. Oceans 8
1. Going up to the cottage with a stack of books!
2. I do get overambitious—since I‘ve got a preschooler maybe I‘ll say 5 and hope for more?
3. Both! I love winter for the crisp, cold air and snow. I love summer for the heavy, sweet air and warm sun.
4. Susan Aglukark. She was on a raft in the middle of this quarry and the effect was extremely cool.
1.) That‘s a hard one. The Little Mermaid. Snow Queen is runner up for sure, though.
2.) Monsters Inc. I loved Shrek as a child but as an adult, I much prefer Sully and Mike.
4.) Sweet pickles vs dill. #TeamDill #picklegate
Happy Friday everyone!!
1. Yellow ✨
2. Re-binged New Girl
3. Recently it was Roses and Rot. I was looking up fae pictures for Litsy and ballet moves.
4. Ketchup and sometimes mayonnaise or aioli.
5. Celebration dinner for my mans new job! Some pool time of the weather is nice and lots of reading 📖
1. Ummm that today is Friday? Also, I managed to reschedule a meeting with a manager I hate...reason? She scheduled it on cake day and that's unacceptable 😂
2. 1 full 1 step
3. Yes. All my grandparents are still living.
4. A bit. I'm just not good at it. My BF's mother makes a living out of it though so I'm getting better 👍
5. Atlantic (ADT)
1. I spent the whole 1st day hearing Laurel, and the whole 2nd day hearing Yanny... 🤷🏼♀️🤷🏼♀️ https://www.popsci.com/yanny-laurel-scientific-evidence
2. Audiobooks, hands down. I average 25-30 hrs a week.
4. One‘s wrapping up 2nd grade, and one‘s moving from preschool to pre-k. School resumes 7/16, so gonna enjoy our brief summer!
5. @Tanzy13 !! Anyone else? 🖐🏾🖐🏽🖐🏻
📻 Laurel every time, my son heard it too, my husband and daughter heard Yannie
📻 I switch around between all 3 depending on my mood and length of drive
📻 my last day is June 22
📻 I do reading support so I work with all grades. My son is 2nd and my daughter is preschool. No graduates.
What's on your reading list?
1. I'm the oldest of 3 girls. @Madamereginald is the one in the middle.
2. It would have been fun to have a brother.
4. Elinor and Marianne Dashwood, and Margaret too!
3. I'll bet I can!