6:21am - somebody set a google home alarm at 5:15am on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend 😡
And I couldn't fall back asleep so up reading with my book light reading while the house is quiet.
1. Getting good results back from my doctor and my sons spring concert
2. Our pool club opens tomorrow so will bbq and see neighbors - Sunday going to Belmont Racetrack with friends and Monday a Memorial Day parade (supposedly it‘s he largest of its kind in the US) and it‘s the next town over 🇺🇸
So made my walking goal again this week (Yay!)
Also read 2 books so think I'm going to up my goal of 4 books to 6 since I've already done 3!
Points for this week: 13 points
1. Usually whatever is due back at the library or whatever I need to mail out for a book club!
2. Wish I could but I get bad motion sickness if I do
3. Seems like everything but probably mostly TV
4. Don‘t usually snack or drink when I read - so clearly should read more often to lose weight 😂
5. Tagging some new followers @Smoky_Embers @Traceelizaxox
Library haul today - one for IRL book club (A dictionary of mutual understanding), one I heard about on the @ReadingEnvy podcast ( Cape May) and sounded up my alley, and one I don‘t remember why I requested! Should be interesting! Lol #libraryday
Just finished the tagged book - such a cute story - written in 1916 and it's just a series of letters from an orphan girl to her mysterious benefactor! Highly recommend!
And finished another book for #bookfitnesschallenge
Next up - The Minuaturist - have had it forever and finally ready to dive in!
So I'm at 7.48 miles and need to get to walking tomorrow to make my goal of 10 - but it has been a bad week and the weather wasn't cooperating either!
But I did finish the tagged book so that's something.
Happy Mother‘s Day to all celebrating today! 💜🌷💐
Celebrating by having Mother‘s Day tea today with the family on a cold, rainy day (feels like March not May) - but first taking some time for me after a difficult week to enjoy the pretty flowers and start this one I‘ve been looking forward to.
Thanks for the tag @MoonWitch94
1. Chocolate - m and ms, Godiva
3. Big Bang Theory
4. My Cousin Vinny
6. Soda - but I try to not drink it
7. Beach days as a kid - spending the whole day there with friends and then heading to someone‘s house for take out dinner - usually KFC - and just being tanned and tired from playing all day long
8. @Graciouswarriorprincess @sonrisa00 @jenniferw88
So apparently it's 15 steps from my kitchen to the living room. It's a start!
Not sure how much book I will be getting done next few days but think there may be a lot of steps as sadly I will be at my fathers wake and funeral today and tomorrow 😞🙏 (I'm ok - he's at peace after being stricken by Alzheimers and Parkinson's)
Good luck to all the #bookfitnesschallenge people ! You got this!
2. My niece - from kindergarten Greek school 😀
3. Sadly my father passed away this Wednesday after a short but intense battle with Alzheimer‘s- so today is his wake and tomorrow the funeral. Sunday we will try to recoup and are going for Mother‘s Day tea
4. First of two
1. Me and my munchkin on St. Pats day
2. Still plodding my way through a Discovery of Witches
3. Beer fest at Citi Field and then friends over for the Kentucky Derby and then my son has a birthday party on Sunday.
4. Cloudy and cool - yucky, fall weather
5. No idea
1. Hawaii (or any beach
2. Fruit - cantelopes, cherries
3. Sitting by the pool
4. Sangria, frozen margaritas, seltzers
5. Flip flops
6. By the beach or the pool
7. Tag anyone who wants to play
So I am liking this book even though it's taking me forever to read - been spending too much time on the iPad and watching tv-
I'm 3 books behind on my Goodreads challenge and just haven't been feeling like reading as much. Hopefully this slump will pass soon!
1. Happy Days, Brady Bunch
2. Go to Switzerland
3.Just on a feeling or whatever is due back at the library
4. Hmmm - I cant think of one now
5. Favorite tourist spot or interesting place to visit in your hometown?
For me it‘s Ellis Island because my grandmother came through there and I love all the history of it.
1. A clean house
2. Clean laundry
3. Great seafood dinner with good friends
1. Quiet early mornings when I have no where to be but can lay in bed and read
2. Family movie and game nights
3. Keeping in touch with friends who I don't see often through social media (why I keep Facebook)
2. Easter egg hunt, my nieces bday party and Passover dinner at a friend's tomm, church for Palm Sunday (Greek Orthodox is a week later) and Easter lunch with my inlaws
3. Eh - a little
4. Boy - Connor girl - Kaylee (my choices when I was pregnant! Lol) I ended up with a Connor but couldn't think of anything else
5. On it
Last year I posted about having a bad day and the amazing @kaye sent me this book. I am finally getting around to reading it and just wanted to say thanks to her again for thinking of me back then 💜
I'm excited to start this one!