• #TeamFestivus members: I'm on the road right now and have to watch my battery -- but I'll be responding to your awesome WYR posts today. Thanks for tagging me directly in each one. I'll add up this weekend's points and report to @wanderinglynn by this evening 😊🎄☃️❄️ •
• A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has participated in our humble holiday games here on Litsy. We are halfway through the month already and I hate to think about the #WinterGames being over 🙁 I am trying to read everyone's WYR answers on my posts and respond to each and every one!! If I've tagged you with an emoji response, thanks again for your participation!! (Sorry if I get a little carried away with them) #TeamFestivus & others...you ROCK! •
I am just going to admit that my brain quit working. I'm sure there are more words, I just don't have access to them tonight. 😆
Hop, hops, ho, lap, laps, slap, slaps, slop, sloppy, says, say, said, sad, sadly, yap, yaps, yappy, yip, yips, yippy, dip, dips, dippy, yay, yo, lay, lays, lid, laid, lids, old, ash, dash, dish, slay, sap, saps, sappy, lash, has, had, hid, pod, pods, shy, is
• Y'all, I'm so excited that I finally finished my holiday cards for #WinterGames tonight. They're going with me to the post office tomorrow on their journey to #TeamFestivus recipients. I hope it's not too soon to send them out! Note: there's a handwritten recipe inside each card for "Christmas Butter Fingers" (I'd say they're similar to sand tart cookies--rolled in powdered sugar ?) •
I‘ve seen people posting such wonderful views of where they‘re celebrating Christmas so here‘s... the field behind my uncles house! It‘s pretty awesome actually, it‘s a gorgeous bit of the Sussex green belt with wild deer and owls! Very idyllic English scenery, very bleak and a bit Bronte-mood in this weather, and very muddy. Happy holidays to everyone!
A Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! 🌲 🎅 I hope everyone has a day filled with peace, love and joy. 💙💙💙
I‘m around all day for anyone needing to chat. We stay very low-key at our house on Christmas Day. #JoinIn
Have a wonderful whatever, Littens! You‘re some of my favorite people. I wish you happiness and many books, with lots of time to read them. 😘
Hoppy Holidays, Rabbits! We hope you have a good one & get lots of books in your stockings ❤️🐇📚🎁
#deadrabbits #deadrabbitsbooks #deadrabbitsreadingseries #amwriting #amreading #booksmatter #writingcommunity #writer #reader #writerslife
1) Visiting family & friends. I love preping the holiday boozy egg nogg for my families first toast on Christmas. Cooking not really my thing😉 but i do love the eatting homemade holiday food 😀
2) too many to list hoping mostly for Jane Eyre
3) with all the visiting underway not too much reading but i am looking forward to reading I see you & the help may tackle some audiobooks from library as well.
4) Sadly No
1. Nope, but I will do the #dystopianblues swap in January.
2. Time off at the end of the month! 4 whole days!
3. We donate to our local toy drive and volunteer at the food pantry.
4. All of it!
7. Not so much...but only because I am in a bit of a slump. I will start reading some Christmas romances soon!
1) Yes! The #SecretSantaGoesPostal swap and one that I organized for our Litsy Postal Book Club. (#LitsyAroundTheWorld)
2) All the Christmas lights
3) Not really. But we do drop off clothes at the homeless shelter.
4) German gingerbread 😍
6) Love it, esp. around Xmas, as long as it doesn‘t turn into Alaska conditions. 😂
7) Not so much.
1. #booktoteswap #secretsantagoespostal #secretsantakids
2. Hanging out with family! 💚
3. We do small things to support a few local charities including one that benefits Vanderbilt Children‘s Hospital by providing toys and books for kids who have to spend the holidays in the hospital.
4. all of it 😬
5. yes, please, but only with rum and spices
1.) eclectic? Lately it‘s been all over the place. I‘m relearning what I like and how it‘s changed
2.) Yuri Herrera, Seanan McGuire, Kurt Vonnegut
3.) Anything by Ann Coulter
4.) I would like to read more naturalist non-fiction
5.) The Spy by Paulo Coelho has taken that spot. I have very strong angry feelings about this book.
@megt is doing something really sweet for Christmas! If you sign up on the form below, she‘ll send you a #HolidayPostcard, no strings attached (meaning this won‘t be an exchange of sorts), but if you want to send one back to her or love the idea and want to send postcards to other Litsy members, you can! Check her page for more info, and/or get the details from the link:
Hello, Littens! I'm back! It's been quite a busy December for me with not much time for reading but it was filled with family and love so I am very thankful. I hope all of you had wonderful holidays with family and friends! Here's a belated happy holidays, a merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and a very happy new year to you all! ❄️🎄🎁🎊🎆😄
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone who celebrates both or either (and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate neither)!! How lovely last night to light the first evening candle on the Menorah at the Christmas Eve dinner table! ☃️
My dear @Litsy family, thank you for being wonderful and sharing in bookish glee with me! I wish you all a very happy holiday full of love, laughter, and lots of books! ❤🎄🎁📚😊