I just found this new weekly game!
(New to me at least, and I'm joining it with pleasure!)
1. Thursday: I know that I'll have to hang on just another day before having two entire ones to myself!!!
2. I'm literally obsessed with 30STM, Muse, Imagine Dragons and Bon Jovi 🤟🏻
3. Work 😭 I love my job, but I'll glady trade my work week with a vacation!!!
4. Utopia by Thomas More
#WeekendReads by @rachelsbrittain
1. L'amore è eterno finchè non risponde
Les liasons dangereuses
The neverending story (still. I know.)
2. I really can't remember 😅 I've been binge-watching Riverdale on Netflix lately, so I don't have much time left! It was probably Dirty Dancing...
3. Hot infusion, possibly with fennel seeds!
#friYAYintro! Thx @howjessreads, as always 🤟🏻💕
2. Ehm... I don't LOL the perks of being an adult still living with the parents 😅🤣
3. I think it'll get around 20°C here today! 🌞
4. I like to put salt on melons. If you think about it, it's not much different than eating melon and ham, like we do a lot in here!
5. Hi there! And welcome!!! @nluev @GrouchyK @greatscott551
Time for #frideas, fellow Littens!!!
I'll start! Can't wait for you to join me! 🤟🏻🌙💕
1. Italia 🇮🇹
2. USA 🇺🇸 I actually studied in California for some time, and I really want to go back!
3. Italia once again! Even though I like reading books that take place somewhere else in order to really escape for a while!
4. PASTA AND PIZZA, OF COURSE!!!
In my hometown, the typical food is the
donkey stew with polenta!
5. Love, everyone!!!
Alright, I've been a little stressed out lately, as you can tell by my latest posts.
But still, some gems are worth sharing!
What an amazing #HelloThursday!!!
Thx @wanderinglynn ???
1. I will go to the beach, probably. Where I usually go there also this hill where it's really nice to walk around and get lost in the view!
2. I like my ability to adapt. And resilience, I guess.
3. I am proud of point 2 ???
4. @Klou @kaye @TheReadingMermaid I don't "really" know you, but I'm glad we've met here! ??
Just a friendly reminder.
Something I really want to start believe in.
Sorry! I've just realized I cut the #WondrousWednesday hashtag when making the collage ? @Eggs
2. Uhm... I guess it would be visiting new cities? I don't do that as much as I'd want, but spring is the best time to do it!
3. "What is rational is real, and what is real is rational" Hegel. It's the quote that had me started loving Philosophy.
4. @Klou ??
A colleague of mine suggested I read this book... eventually, I will.
Opinions? Has anyone else read it?
I am not looking for this kind of posts on purpose, I guess the universe is trying to tell me something 🤣
Thought this one was worth sharing too!
What do you do when you feel down and to the edge of a breakdown? I normally shut down, isolate myself for a while and binge-watch a tv show... or read a book. Whatever makes me stay in bed, warm and in a cozy environment. Or I have dinner with my parents, this also helps me 💕
Saw this on FB and thought it was worth sharing.
I've been going through a dark and rough patch in my life, but trying to accept who I am and what's happening to me and around me by admitting that "that's okay", could be a game-changer. I'll "just" have to really put my mind to it.
I would love to thank everyone for being a great community where there's no judgement, where we share common interests, where we accept each other ??
1. Nope, I just wanna stay in and binge-watch Riverdale on Netflix LOL
2. Being born in a loving family. And also being called back after a very important job interview!
4. I guess... Idk, I'll have to think about it some more and will edit later 🤣
5. Good luck, everyone!!! 🍀🤟🏻🌙
Time for some #frideas!!!
Brace yourselves, Spring is coming!
1. Summer! 🌞
2. Wisteria and peonies!
3. Shantaram... it's not about Spring, but I read it in March of two years ago, so it kind of reminds me of this season and reading on a park bench!
4. Not Spring-related 😉🤟🏻
5. Love love love to everyone!!! 💕
Tagging some Litsy-friends: @Klou @kaye @Princess-Kingofkings @JazzFeathers
St. Patrick's Edition 🍀
2. We don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day here, only some pubs do... I guess I'll be staying in watching Netflix LOL
3. YES I HAVE!!! 🍀
4. Oh how I wish. It must be beautiful and breathtaking!!!
5. Good luck, everyone!!! 💕🤟🏻🌙
Tagging my new follower @Md0929
Short book by Thomas More about the fictional island of Utopia, a place where people live in peace, working for the common good and private property does not exist. A "utopic" place, in fact.
A lot of what it says it's kind of predictable, no news for us here. Consider reading it in the XVI century though and you might find why it is believed to be so innovative.
I'm just halfway through it, but so far it is really interesting!
Here is yet again the same #creepycover!
This book is simply mind-blowing. I had no idea of the religious legacy we still have nowadays towards women. The Sacred Books of every religion consider the woman an inferior and mere posession of the man, and religion has always been a big part of our heritage. This is why we have to fight so hard now to make ourselves be considered as equal. This is why we sometimes don't consider ourselves as equal 👇🏼
📚 Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
🎬 Little Nemo: Adventures In Slumberland (has anyone else seen it? No one here knows about it! I used to love it when I was a kid!)
🎶 Diavolo In Me (I've Got The Devil In Me) by Zucchero Fornaciari
I started this today, and I'm already 1/2 through it. I'm pretty positive it hasn't been translated in English yet, but the title is "God hates women". It's volutarily provocative, meaning that it tries to explain our cultural roots through religion and how it still impacts us not only in positive ways such as "don't steal, turn the other cheek, etc".
It goes deep into infibulation, menstruation, patriarchal hierarchy... it's sadly interesting.
Happy friday, everyone! 🤟🏻
And happy Women's Day!!! 🌾
Being a '90s kid, Luke Perry's death really touched me. So this week #frideas won't be about books... I wanted it to be a tribute to him.
1. I was a pre-teen in the '90s!
2. Always been Team Kelly. Lately, I've found myself to be Team Brenda though!
3. TEAM DYLAN. But also Team David and Team Steve. Anyone but Brandon, basically!!!
4. A school trip to Greece!!!
5. Feel free to join me 💕
I've just finished listening to the audiobook of Victor Hugo's "Notre Dame De Paris", and I have to admit I might be too biased to review it properly.
I absolutely ADORE the musical, I know it by heart (I even have a quote tattooed on my ankle!)... it was about time I got around to "read" the book!
It's pretty dreary when it comes to descriptions, but as for the rest... it's a great story of love, hate, lust and... Paris.
I strongly recommend it!
1. No, I don't. I am too "unstable" when it comes to what I want to do, therefore I see no point in making a bucket list just for having it changed every other week ?
2. I guess there is one, yes. Going back to scuba diving!
3. I wish I could say yes, but sadly... no.
4. OMG I can't think of one, I haven't started and bailed any from my TBR pile since I joined Litsy ??
1. I like playing #ManicMonday #WondrousWednesday #HelloThursday #Friyayintro #Frideas (of course!!!) and many others... I would really love to join a #24B4Monday marathon eventually!
2. Last week. Something really personal career-wise, but I really surprised myself!
3. Sadly, no books around... I'm at the office.
4. @Klou @kaye @CouronneDhiver and anyone else who hasn't been tagged yet!
Idk if this is a game or just you answering the questions out loud... but I'd like to play!
Well, I like spending my time binge-watching tv series in another language, so I feel justified in doing nothing because I am also learning something 🤣
As for the MAIN occupation though, I am one of those few lucky people who love their job. I am a pattern maker and I really love that I get to do what I do everyday! 💕🤟🏻
So much I loved him in the Disney version, so much I hate him now that I'm "reading" Notre Dame De Paris.
He loves Esmeralda, but runs to Fleur-de-lys as soon as he realizes she is going to be hanged so he can't have her anymore. She is incriminated for his murder, and he doesn't even have the decency to show up (like "hey there! I'm alive!") and save her. At least for now.
I hope his character will turn out to be better than he is right now.
Today's progress on Notre Dame De Paris.
Not bad. Not bad at all! ??
(I had a lot of time in the car, driving back and forth from work to a doctor's appointment)
I am getting used to audiobooks, I can "read" twice as much now that I listen to them in the car!
1. Binge-watching tv series
2. Thriller and mystery
3. I used to have turtles and goldfish!
4. I don't understand the question, must be that I am too tired to think at the moment!
5. Frogs (porcelain, plastic, stuffed animals, anything frog-shaped!)
6. Yes. Today I am really sad because I heard of Luke Perry passing away. I was so madly in love with Dylan from BH90210
This quote I feel really connected to, though I do not completely agree.
I almost completely lost the sight from an eye after a car crash, but I feel blessed everyday to still be here and be able to see with the other one.
So yes, I DO know what I am lacking, but I am also grateful for what I still have. I don't think it's fair to compare my difficulties to the ones a blind person faces everyday.
We should all count our blessings, not our losses.
A day late for #friyayintro by @howjessreads
Sorry for the delay!
1. That is not my house. I wish!!! It's my local library 💕
2. I do. I used to be the kind of person who couldn't wait to leave and see the world... and guess what, I never realized how beautiful my part of the world is ❤
4. Anytime. Usually lunch break or after dinner
5. Idk 😅 pasta probably!!
#frideas Saturday Edition! Sorry, I had some personal stuff going on yesterday. Thanks for the love 💕
1. Fiction, but I want the facts in the background to be historically accurate
2. 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It talks a lot about jumping through times, and it has a lot to do with history. A wonderful reading tbh!!!
3. Must have been science, I liked it but I sucked 😅
4. French and Russian Revolution
5. @kaye @TheReadingMermaid @CouronneDhiver
I posted a picture for #frideas but it got lost in the upload because of the bad connection.
Due to personal stuff, I need to take the night off to be a little by myself, so I am sorry but I will be posting this week #frideas a day later.
See you tomorrow, Littens 💕🌙
What a nice idea!!!
#MarchIntoThe70s! @Lizpixie @Cinfhen
Day1: "Wish you were here"
I can't really think of a book connection, so I will go with a personal anecdote: back in HS, one of my professors was a huge Pink Floyd fan (she was definitely a daughter of the '68!)... so she turned her class into a Pink Floyd session for an hour each week, and made us study the lyrics and the music from some of their albums! It was amazing!!!
Thanks to everyone who entered my #1000followersgiveaway!!!
I had a blast reading your quotes and suggestions! They were all great quotes, but if I have to pick one... I feel a special bond to @Princess-Kingofkings 's!
So there you go, you are the winner of this giveaway!
Please, let me know your e-mail so I can send you the gift card! I remind you that you are bonded to buy yourself a book with it 😉 and I'd love to know what you'll pick! 🤟🏻🎉
1. Warm weather and less layers of clothes needed, so I don't go crazy over deciding how many coats I should wear on top of each other (I'm at two right now)
2. That it's not summer yet 🌴
3. Not sure...
4. ...do the same things I've been doing the rest of the year: I kind of like spending my free time at home either binge-watching something or reading! Maybe I could read in the closest park this time?
1. Must be Disneyland Paris with my family! Or going to the stadium with my dad and brother to see our football team play!!! ❤🖤
2. A younger brother!
3. A little over a month ago
4. I only have table charts around me at the moment... I'm in the office 😅
5. I haven't checked if they've played already, but here they are! @kaye @LibrarianRyan @OrangeMooseReads
1000 FOLLOWERS!!! Thanks everyone!!!
Time for a #giveaway!
I can't really send you a box because it is way too expensive from Italy... nor I can buy you an e-book and send it to your account (it's not yet an option on the Italian Amazon). So I was thinking to give a 5€ Amazon gift card to one of you... of course you should promise me to buy yourself a book with it!!!
(If it is against Litsy policy, please let me know)
Keep on reading: 👇🏼