A yearly ritual... this story brings back warm memories of my grandmother ❤️
Today was a dreary, stormy, tornado warning kind of day when I should have been curled up in my warm bed with a book instead of working. Kids still in school and they spent much of the day sheltering. What a stressful day!
Look at this beautiful crocheted elephant! My brother in law‘s girlfriend made it for me to give my bff 😍😍 #crochet
Remembering my Aunt Katherine today as I‘m loom knitting. She gave this loom to me many years ago when I was just a teenager. And funny story... I‘ve always wanted to learn how to knit but only realized today that this is knitting, just on a loom 😂
1. Hmmm... I‘m used to humid but I only like dry by Florida standards 😂
2. Any month involving a vacation
3. Sure seems that way!
4. I don‘t even want to write it! It‘s God‘s name with another word after it.
This book is the first in the sequel series the her Chicagoland Vampires books. Lots of funny lines like these and a lot more supernatural politics. I think it helps to have at least a basic knowledge of the prior series but it‘s not required. I enjoyed it and am glad I haven‘t seen the last of some of my favorite characters. #urbanfantasy #vampires #fairies #shapeshifters
1. Glad I was late on this so I can say The Meg- giant shark AND Jason Statham, ‘nuff said lol
2. Paul and I eat out a lot so I guess that 😂
4. Offhand I can‘t remember one
2. All but one book- and I took English lit classes for fun
3. The Scarlet Letter, most likely because of the amazing teacher I had
4. The Great Gatsby- the only book I didn‘t finish when it was assigned (and finally read as an adult and still hate it)
5. Hmmm... I read so many classic novels that I really don‘t know
Wandering around Key West and happened upon this!
I did not want this #urbanfantasy series to end!! Of course Ilona Andrews ends it in spectacular fashion, just as one would expect but I‘m sorry to see it end. And omg their baby... 😂😂😂
My review quote is on the cover! #excited #fangirling I always enjoy Sala‘d books and this one was no exception. It wasn‘t your typical #romanticsuspense as the couple is already married but they‘ve been physically separated due to his job as an undercover agent. Things go wrong on his last undercover assignment... and oh wow, does Sala hot on some tough issues.
Sorry I‘ve been absent but we‘re snack in the midst of #bathroomremodeling . Good thing we started on it too as yes, it was leaking and starting to mold but we caught it in time. My allergies hate me right now though! 😖
When your best friend gets you a signed copy of one of your favorite childhood books....
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this #paranormal #urbanfantasy #anthology as I despise carnivals. Honestly I only read it because it had a Kelly Meding story related to STRAY MAGIC and then was pleasantly surprised by the majority of the other stories. I‘ll be reading some of the other series related to these stories!
When your glass of tea literally exploded in your hand....
This wasn‘t my favorite #cozymystery by this author. I‘ve thoroughly enjoyed her other series so in fairness it‘s a good story, just not as good as her others. It felt like there were too many characters thrown at us for a first bevel in the series so I had a harder time getting to know the main characters. I really like the secondary character, Heather, as she‘s a hoot!
Interesting #fantasy sequel set in the same world as several of his other series. The first part is a little slow paced but oh wow, once it kicks in, the story twists and turns in so many ways. I can‘t wait to see how this turns out in the next installment. I really like the heroines in this story as they e shown a lot of character development.
1. Other than marrying my husband.... probably not getting killed in a car vs pedestrian accident when I was 21 (I was the pedestrian)
3. Cup of tea
4. I despised James Joyce‘s book I read in school so either one of the other choices
I‘m just not a fan of F Scott Fitzgerald although the author did her darnedest to try to convince me. I really enjoyed the early years of Sheilah Graham, however, as she reinvents herself from Lily Shiel, a poverty-stricken Jewish girl who was sent to an orphanage, to a well-known Hollywood gossip columnist who has a torrid live affair with Fitzgerald.
Some croissants before getting back to cleaning. Sneaking in a little reading too. A book I was bored with suddenly took an interesting turn, which is always a good thing.
1. Hmmm.... JD Robb‘s In Death, Jim Butcher‘s Dresden Files, Simon Green‘s Nightside series
2. It was The Librarians 😑. I‘m not up to date with anything. I like NCIS & Supernatural
4. Leftovers from Cheddars 😂We desperately need to grocery shop lol
5. I only remember him having one book- Buyers are Liars Too