1. I don't read a lot of series, but I like Tana French's Dublin Murder Squad.
2. I don't watch a lot of TV, either, but I like The Office and Catastrophe.
3. The only time I watched was in 2004 when the Red Sox ended the Curse of the Bambino.
4. Caribbean beans and greens wraps, which are "best" mainly because my spouse makes them while I sit around.
5. Yep. He introduced me to Heinlein, Bradbury and Asimov.
1. Pendergast by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
2. Homicide or Psych (depends on my mood)
4. I‘m making my grandmother‘s dumplings and beef stew this weekend.
5. He does although he came to reading late in life. I introduced him to fiction a few years ago. Now he loves Agatha Christie.
Favourite series - Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery. Favourite t.v. series - Not much of a t.v. watcher. World Series - never. Best meal this weekend - tempeh with grilled beets My Dad didn‘t like to read but always read to me 💗
1. Deathstalker series by Simon R. Green
2. The Expanse, Lucifer, Gotham
3. Depends on who's playing
4. I'm grilling some steaks on Sunday, with baked potatoes, green salad and corn on the cob.
5. My father wasnt much of a book reader, but he enjoyed the newspaper and had subscriptions to several magazines.
I didn‘t do a new #friyayintro bc I was feeling uninspired. But look how creative I used to be when I was jesshowbooks! Haha. A handful of people tagged me in this oldie today, and I kinda love it, so I‘m doing it!
1. Anne of Green Gables or Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James
2. Parks & Rec
4. Homemade calzones tomorrow! 😍
5. He does! Mostly theology (he‘s a pastor), but he reads a ton. He told me yday that he‘s at almost 200 books in 2019!
1. The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman. I wish I can experience that book all over again. 🧙♀️
3. I interviewed at a Fortune 500 company. And it actually went well😆
4. Yes and yes 😙🤞
5. On it❤
Sorry I‘m late!
1. I‘m on track to hit my goal of 75 this year! I‘m proud of that because I live my life constantly up to my eyeballs in grading (high school honors English) while also taking grad school classes in library science, so time for reading at all is pretty difficult to find.
2. I got married on Friday the 13th.
3. Classic rock (Def Leppard!!)
4. August for first date, July for wedding
1. Exceeded my reading goal by 20 books!
2. I play D&D at work with some co-workers and students
3. My music library says Alternative
4. Married in September (this was our 1 year anniversary)
Sorry, a day late. #friyayintro
1. So-so. I haven‘t read as much as I‘d like.
2. I lettered in drama in high school. I really think very few people know. 😂
3. Classical, Indie, but I love a lot of different kinds of music.
1. Litsy AtoZ✔️ Goodreads ✔️ Nonfiction ✔️ 2 left Booked2019 60+ MtTBR, & decided to ditch another
2. I graduated from college at 20
3. Singer-Songwriter / Americana (but really? Audiobooks 🤪)
4. March 2020 will be our 25th wedding anniversary
1. Great! I set my goal lower and I‘m beating it! 😉
2. Hmmmm... my husband is a former professional soccer player.
4. This month! 37 years married!
1. September hasn't been a good reading month for me. But my goal for the year is to read 200 books and I have read 176 books!
2. I am a super picky eater but my favorite meal is salmon cakes and fried potatoes.
3. Lately pop.
4. January for work. I will hit double digits!
1. Surpassed the general # of books I want to read goal but still have a lot of work to do on the # of nonfiction books I want to read
2. Worked with a team of scientists including Bob Ballard (man who found the Titanic) searching for ancient shipwrecks in the Mediterranean one summer
3. Favorite genre really depends on mood—Blues and Classic Rock always work
1. 80/100 completed for my GR challenge so far
2. Fishers (North American member of the mustelid family) are one of the few predators of porcupines. They flip the porcupines on their backs to get to their undefended bellies. Porcupines probably don't consider this a "fun fact."
3. I listen widely, but most often Alt Rock/Indie
4. October = 20 years married
1. Well my goal was 180. And I‘ve read 232. Sooooo.
2. I have a knack for getting hit in the head with balls. It happened twice at soccer games in college. (I was on the sidelines. 🤦🏼♀️) On Sunday, out of all the people in the whole pool, I was the one who took a football to the head. 🤷🏼♀️
3. Easily singable. Lots of movie soundtracks and Rat Pack.
4. 13th wedding anniversary was in July!
5. I think I found all of you! 🖐🏽🖐🏽
1. I hit GR goals a few months ago & have read more books than in the previous 2 yrs, or ever (pre-GR). Was tired of challenges but have done the modern mrs Darcy one—it‘s only 12 books, have 1 more left.
2. I fell of a cliff while hiking about 15 yrs ago & have a slight disability on my arm. People normally don‘t notice or ask about the scars, but kids often will.
3. Classic rock
4. Don‘t really have any except birthday in June.
Here‘s your #friyayintro sneak peek!
1. Hillbilly Elegy. Only irritated me at the time, but I loathe it more & more. He should have just stuck w/ a family memoir instead of deciding to become a spokesperson for Appalachia, even though he didn‘t grow up in the region. Many Appalachian writers feel the same way & have written at least 2 books about it.
2. Parks & Rec, currently
3. Biscuits & gravy, fried eggs
5. Blue Hyde
It's my Friday today and I could not be more ready! The last five days at work have been absurdly stressful. Bleh! But I have nothing scheduled for my "weekend" so I should be able to recharge the batteries and hopefully get on better #bfcr3 track, once I can decompress. Journaling 3/3, yoga 1/1, still getting daily caffeine to survive.
A day late but I‘m still playing!
1. Total indoor person. I prefer looking at nature through a window. Or when I‘m in my car.
2. Unsweetened iced tea! Cherry Coke Zero is runner up.
3. I wanted to pick a number of fictional places but I‘ll go with Paddington‘s London.
2. Lately, ALDI Mango Lemonade but my all-time fav adult beverage is a mojito
3. Barcelona (Carlos Ruiz Zafón)
5. Oops ?
1. Outdoor, although I really like indoor plumbing.
2. LaCroix NiCola flavor, when I can find it, although I think I answer this question differently every time it's asked.
3. I'm not sure about this one. Maybe the PCT or AT, although I read books about those trails because I want to visit them rather than the other way around.
5. Too lazy to check, so let's default to "yes."
1. Outdoor (unless it‘s raining really heavily!);
2. Gin & tonic or loose leaf Earl Grey tea;
3. I don‘t think I‘ve ever fantasised about visiting a book location. Maybe a trip around the places in Oxford mentioned in the Morse books?
4. Ahem, right now I‘m in the bath....
1. Outdoors. 😎
2. Hot: Japanese white tea
Cold: Iced cold water ❄️
Alcoholic : New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc!
3. Cinque Terre (after reading Beautiful Ruins)
4. Black, always Black
5. Yes! It‘s all I own! 😂
Here‘s your #friyayintro sneak peek! 🙂
1. I have to think about it 😂
2. Crunchy though I don‘t eat them as often now! 😋
3. I love both but i love the quiet of a sunrise 🌅
4. Id love a book haul but catch me inside Lowe‘s buying all the home improvement stuff I want! ⚒
5. 2nd and 5th (when they still had it in elementary) because of two different but great teachers! 👩🏻🏫 👨🏻🏫