My name is a shake
You killed my sax
Prepare to go to bed
Possibly my favourite #hellothursday ever!
💕 I met my oldest friend when I was 5 in primary school 🙈
💕 The photo is of a winter sunset from the top of a hill near where I live 🌅
💕 My Cousin Rachel was the last book that I read and I loved it!
💕 I won't tag anyone because it's Thursday now but if you want to take part still, consider yourself tagged!
#wondrouswednesday (a day late!)
1. I have just started My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier 😄
2. On The Come Up by Angie Thomas. I loved The Hate You Give soooo much!
3. A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (which I posted about a week ago and is also really, really good!!)
Think I might have to increase my goal a little...
1. By searching through the "new books" section at my local library :)
2. Yes. I'm always very grateful that I can read without getting travel sick!
3. Homework, playing my saxophone and sometimes my phone (although I hate to admit the last one...)
4. I don't really snack while reading ?♀️
5. @ItsAngel @bookishbartender92 @ailsasmth
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and my thoughts are with you 💕💕💕
These two seals playing 'peek-a-boo' in the sea made me laugh and I hope they might make you smile too 💕💕💕
tHiS bOoK iS iNcReDiBlE!
This is the best book I have read this year by far. When I picked it up I didn't realise how new it was (only released 2 weeks ago and maybe not available in the US yet?) I absolutely cannot wait for her next book to be released :)
1. I love a book that makes me really feel the emotions thar character feels as well as the obvious "If I can't put it down"!
2. I have a large collections of keyrings from when I have been on holiday ?
3. I have a cupcake cookbook (called The Cupcake ?) that I love so much ? I have tagged it ?
4. I don't read much poetry but it's something I would like to read more of :)
1. Kick The Moon - I am enjoying it, but not as much as I enjoyed I Am Thunder by the same author
2. Studying for my exams 😪
3. Nope - I hate eggs unless they are in a cake! 😛
4. If I wrote a book, it would almost defintely have a female heroine (I'm getting Hunger Games/Divergent vibes 😂) I don't know what her name would be 🤔
5. Will do! ❤
I made it my new year's resolution to read more, but this has meant that I haven't posted on Litsy in ages!
This was my 35th book of 2019 and it was too incredible to go without giving it a mention.
It is a young adult novel, but I think that anyone will enjoy it! It was the sort of book that, although it wasn't necessarily sad, it left a lump in my throat for the entire thing.
It's the best book I have read in a while! :)
1. This was taken only a week ago when it felt very spring like...it has been snowing since then!
2. Going walking with my camera and seeing all the flowers and wildlife start to emerge.
3. "If plan A doesn't work, stay cool. The alphabet has 25 more letters"
4. Hello to my new followers! @OnePageAtATime and @GirlofPaperandFire
I just sat my saxophone exam (only an hour ago!) which had been completely taking over all my time 🎷
I have found plenty of time to read however, just not to post!
I finished Children of Blood and Bone on Monday and I loved it 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Ummm so I know I'm a little late but I thought of a question 🙄
If all the books in the world were to disappear and you could choose one to keep and re-read for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
#friyayintro (kind of!)
1. No. I really want a dog though!
2. I have 2 English essays and a music dissertation due next week on top of my usual homework so I'm going to have a great weekend 😪
3. Playing saxophone and piano, baking and photography 📷
I can't think of a good question to ask 😣
1. Rural - I love being in the countryside 🛤
2. Beach I think! 🏖
3. I really hope that photography counts... 📷
4. Camping ⛺
5. I loved the Famous Five when I was younger and that was the first book that came to mind! 🤗
Happy Thursday everyone!
I have seen a lot of people post "monthly summaries" and thought that I would try that this year.
To be honest it might only last one month ?
Hope January was a good reading month for you too!
1. -7°C Not very cold compared to some places but freezing compared to what I am used to! 😨
2. 20°C ☀️
4. Any weather is reading weather! 😉
5. I love love love the tagged book 💕
Love this film 😍
Love this song 😍
Sorry I've been pretty absent over the last week - I've had lots of work to do 😣
I have read 8 out of 9 of these books though :) I think Leah on the Offbeat was probably my favourite!
After seeing so many people post about their Goodreads challenge towards the end of 2018, I have created my own account and am taking it on for 2019!
I have never tracked my reading before and have no idea how many books I will read in a year so it might change throughout the year 😊
1. Simon Vs The Homosapien Agenda
The Elephant Whisperer
2. The Big Lie
3. 2019 will be the first year that I will track my reading so I have no idea how many I read or DNF in 2018
5. My goal is to read 50 books. I have no idea how many I normally read, so it could be too low - I figured it's about 1 a week which seems right!
I checked this out of the library at 4pm and had finished it by 9:30 in between doing saxophone and piano practice, English homework and having tea.
It's a page turner and easy to read which is a good combination in my opinion (or bad depending if I have other things I should be doing!)
Thank you to everyone who took part in #adventrecommends. I cannot believe how many posts there are - I was expecting to get to Christmas and for there to be 24 posts (all mine!)
I hope you enjoyed doing it! :)
Today was not a brilliant reading day....
I bailed on Emma (see previous post)
I started reading my set text instead (that didn't last long!)
I tried All The What Ifs as I had it on my Kindle. I didn't like the style of writing so I gave up on that pretty quickly.
I ended up reading Geek Girl for the 5th time instead - I can always rely on that to make me laugh 😂
Ok, so I am not bailing on this because I didn't like it but...
I read over half of Emma and was really enjoying it.
Then I got distracted and read I Am The Messenger.
I picked up Emma again and read a few more chapters, then abandoned it again when I discovered Our Own Private Universe and read that instead.
I read one more chapter and then read Songs About A Girl.
I picked up Emma yesterday and I have no idea what is going on