I just got home and opened the most wonderful package from @AmberWB Thank you so much, Amber! This is really an above and beyond, lovely gift. 🤯😊 I love all the Maryland things, especially. The books, snacks, and beverages! all are just perfect. 🤩 And what a great magnet. Cheers to you! 🍻
Books 9 and 10 in the Mary Russell series. ? The Language of Bees ends with a "to be continued..." (er, hopefully that's not considered a spoiler?) so naturally I felt I should keep going to the next! LoB wasn't my favorite, but The God of the Hive really has me hooked. Tonight I'm going read and hopefully turn in early bc Long Week. ???
2. Any! Though usually I'm on the plains and I'm not that into the desert. I like a lot of trees.
4. I really want to try some kind of glamping!
5. I want to read more of this author, this book is the only one I have. His Instagram is great too.
#hellothursday or Friday... 🤷
I guess I only read half of the back-cover blurb before deciding to read this (it was really the setting that got me), so I was surprised by a key plot point. But I'm actually glad that I didn't know what to expect going in or I might not have even picked this up. It was a sweet and moving story that I think will stick with me.
#HelloThursday 🙋 I just started using Goodreads account recently! I'm going to go add some friends now. 😁 https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/64917619-christine
1. Practical Magic was a real disappointment.
2. If I have to choose, sweet! 🍫
3. Bob and Betty; Isabel and David.
4. My brother and I wore out the tapes of the Back To The Future and Indiana Jones movies.
5. London 🇬🇧
Thank you so much, Jee! I loved your fun clues and deducing what it would be before I unwrapped it (happily I was right 😊). I am really looking forward to reading this!
Why did I listen to chapter 4 ("The Seven Potters") while I was driving around doing errands this evening? ????
I'm rereading along with my friend who's reading these for the first time. I'm a little ahead now as she hasn't finished Half-Blood Prince, and I'm thinking about how I'm going to talk to her after she reads that ending. ?
#BookMail from my fave #LitsyPenPal! At the end of a stressful week of work, on another night of wintry weather, this New Year package just turned my day around! Thank you, Mikala. 🤗 (And the extra goodies are just the self care I need to partake in this weekend!) ♥️
Currently waiting for book signing with Brad Meltzer. He's funny and full of inspiring stories. I didn't know that he also writes children's books, the "I am" series about heroes of history. There are some very small fans in this audience. ? I'll have to pick some up for my little cousins. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading this one, it looks like a page-turner!
1. Teleportation would be amazing!
3. Only reading goals
4. Couple nights ago I put on the 2009 BBC Emma (a "comfort watch" for me ❤️) and then couldn't turn it off and watched all 4 parts extremely late into the night. ? Let's just say I slept very hard the next night! ?
1. Kansas ?
2. The last author I read that was new to me and I hadn't heard much about before was Sarah Maine. I enjoyed it and will look for more of her books in the future.
3. 100+ counting both "piled" and ebooks. ??
5. I was just thinking back about the tagged book yesterday. It's spooky!
The children's space at Our Daily Nada.
Before the holidays, my friend and I checked out Our Daily Nada, a "boozy bookstore" in Kansas City with a small but I thought well-curated section of books. We enjoyed cocktails and fancy toast at the bar and I bought the tagged book. There's also a nice little kids space in the back and a family with the cutest toddler visited while I was there; she excitedly ran straight for the books. ?
#Currentlyreading for #readinthenewyear
Listening while resting in bed... I'm sick of being sick! 🤒 I started to feel better yesterday, but worse again today. I'm glad Litsy is a lively place tonight. ❤️
My 18 favorite books of 2018. 🎉❤️ The tagged is the one I just finished an hour ago and probably the last book I will complete in 2018, and A Curious Beginning was the first book I completed this year! Here's to a 2019 full of great reads. 🥂
2. I'm going to try!
4. Bed, two nightstands, a chair that I don't sit on because it has books stacked on it. I should get a bookcase in here, especially now that Charlie lives here and likes to knock over my stacks. 😐😄
5. Pot roast and Christmas cookies
Christmas gift from my brother! He knows I enjoy dilapidated buildings and abandoned places. 😊🎄🎅
@TheBookKeepers Amanda, thank you so much for this #Jolabokaflodswap gift! The nut/chewy/crisp is my most favorite Russell Stover box!!! 🥰 And of course I have been wanting to read this! Merry Christmas! 🎄💙🎄
@MaleficentBookDragon Chelle, thanks for doing this fun swap. 🤶
@DoonTheGoon Dana, thank you so much for your fabulous #Nightmare4Christmas package! The books are beautiful and look so good, and I love all the extra goodies! (I'm going to be the envy of all my coworkers with this amazing alpaca eraser 😻) Merry Christmas to you! 🎄🎅🤶🦌🎄
Agree with everyone else, this is a sweet story! Definitely had a feel like Love Actually and Bridget Jones's Diary, besides the actual in text references to those works, which I enjoyed. Thanks for sending to me @Judybskt !
1. Books, candy, coffee! But other stuff is great too. 😊
2. Our family is small and low-key about the holiday. Aunt's house on Christmas Eve, Mom & Dad's house on Christmas.
3. I had never set a goal before this year, but in January decided I'd read at least 52 books. I'll end the year somewhere over 60. 😁
4. Scrooged and Love Actually
#Audioknitting for a little while today before I have to leave the house. I've decided to give this scarf to my mom for Christmas (I started with no purpose other than to experiment with bigger needles) so the pressure is on now to finish it quick!
The tagged book doesn't have much in the way of atmosphere, it's all dialogue, but an enjoyable listen while I'm working on this. So far I have no idea whodunit. 😁🎄🔪
Gift I received today from a good friend. ❤️
I love this cover art so much 😄
One for a gift and one for me.
Anyone else subscribe to this style of Christmas shopping? 😬🤣
Received my #jolabokaflodswap package today! 💚❤️🎄
*I may have accidentally automatically opened it because I order so much stuff from Amazon, I'm like, Hmm what was I expecting today? As soon I realized it was a gift, I taped it back up! 😄🙈
I breathed a sigh of relief as I closed up my last swap package. Then I realized I forgot to put the card in one of them. 🤦 It's because I was being terrorized by the cat the whole time I was wrapping and packing, I tell you. 😂
Somehow these will be posted today, if dear kitten doesn't give me an apoplexy.