OMG.. this book was great, never ever expected this book to be good. Here we have a young lady by the name of Charlie, Charlie is considered a reaper in a way. She tries to help people pass over and make closure for their family. Charlie helps the police, but she isn't a police officer. In this particular book your introduce to three lawyers, but you have to read to find out why they're important. Also Charlie's ghost lover. Lol
#FriyayIntro on Saturday!
1. While I like HP, it‘s not my fave. There are a few other series I‘d put before it. The Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones (Book 1 tagged) is one of them.
2. Right now, The Good Place
3. Not on purpose
4. I have no food plans although it is crab fest in Port Angeles this weekend. 🤔
While this book has a similar feel to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series (one of my fluffier pleasures), I was dismayed by the violent portrayal of a sexual relationship. Aspects of the way it was written clearly qualify as sexual assault and rape, even though other interchanges are consensual. I might have been interested in continuing the series for character development and humor. I won't now.
1. There‘s so many I love, I can‘t pick one fave—Charley Davidson, The Others, Sookie, Kate Daniels, Mercy Thompson, Fitz...
2. mustard - I can‘t get past the yellow color 🤢
4. 2 half sibs, both significantly older than I, so I really consider myself an only
5. 👋🏻 Happy Friday!
Thanks for the tag @DannyHattan
1. Cookie Kowalski
3. Everyone needs a BFF like Cookie. She‘s just awesome. Plus she understands the need for coffee. ☕️
4. Who hasn‘t played? @Mitch @LibrarianJen @Laughterhp @phatsallylee @BookwormAHN
1. Tagged. Plus each chapter starts with a funny quote/saying from a t-shirt or bumper sticker or similar. ☝🏻
2. Week 1 of #BFC is done! The response and all the encouragement has been so motivating and heartwarming. 💪🏻💜
3. Can I say American since American cuisine pretty much steals from every other kind of cuisine? 😂
4. Only on my dad‘s side. 4, all boys and I‘m the youngest.
5. 💜💚🧡 to all! 😘
I forgot to turn my timer on for some of this one, but I think only for 15 or 20 minutes, so I'm not gonna worry about it. It took me nearly a month to finish this book, and I have no idea why. It was cute, but I've just not been in a good reading place lately I think. Anyway, getting a slow start on #24B4Monday.
I'm a bit late, but I've decided to attempt the #24B4Monday this weekend. First I need to finish up the tagged book that I've been reading for almost a month. I know I won't get to all of these, but I'm hoping to finish at least 2 or 3 this weekend.
I definitely really enjoyed this book. It reminded me of a mix between Stephanie Plum and Sookie Stackhouse. I really liked the paranormal story and it was different than others in this genre. It was just a really fun book to read. I definitely think I‘m going to continue with this series.
I'm trying so hard to get some reading done today. I'm at the hospital all day doing tests to confirm my diagnosis, and the chairs are so uncomfortable, and the tv is up so loud, and I'm finding it hard to concentrate. I must not look too hot because people keep bringing me barf bags. I'm gonna have a nice little collection by the time I go home. The book is good so far. When I'm able to focus.
Ever start a book and get an intense feeling of déjà vu? That was the main reason I began cataloging all my books on LibraryThing about 12 years ago. I got tired of getting halfway through a book and realizing I'd read it already. But according to LT I haven't read this one yet. Oh well. At least I'm enjoying it so far. 😁
This book has been on my TBR since 2011! Glad I finally got around to it. This is the first in the series and Charley Davidson is the grim reaper. It gave me a lot of Stephanie Plum vibes but with supernatural twists. I love finding the first in a series with so many to read. Fun book with quirky characters.
1. So many faves! Arsenic & Old Lace, The Philadelphia Story, Willow, Beauty & the Beast, White Christmas, My Fair Lady, Run Fat Boy Run, Star Wars, Die Hard
2. The Princess Bride, The Little Prince, Coraline, GWTW, Breakfast at Tiffany‘s
3. Twilight (of course the book was awful too, so...)
4. Katherine Hepburn & Cary Grant
5. Darynda Jones‘s Charley Davidson series
Thanks so much Tracey-this book has been on my TBR forever-years! And thank you Tabitha-I haven‘t heard of this but it sounds right up my alley! Thank you both so much for your kindness 🥰
Huh. Well this managed to check all of the boxes by ... checking ... none of them?!?! How does that happen!! Not particularly mysterious given we abandoned that ship in a fit of ADD. Not sexy given no one actually had sex (TW: rape). Not exactly UF given an attitude does not an urban fantasy make (although the grim reaper bit covers this one). So, yeah! Not sure what I just read, but I kind of enjoyed it! I kind of think I‘m gonna read book 2.
1. Nora, June, Hester and E from The Secret, Book & Scone Society - all Hufflepuffs - fiercely loyal truth seekers.
2. Charley Davidson from First Grave on the Right - Slytherin - there‘s a necessary evil to being a Grim Reaper. She don‘t care. She‘s got flare.
3. Mrs. Winter from The Winters - Gryffindorable! - I can‘t remember if they ever named her, but she had mad courageous skills!
@sebrittain #sundayfunday - This was fun!
“If I couldn‘t be a good example, I‘d just have to be a horrible warning!”
1. Tagged. I can‘t seem to stop talking about this series lately.
2. Horror, never read it, real life is scary enough
3. Do dust bunnies count? They don‘t have names.
4. As of 2016 223,000 (thanks google)
-Tagged. Charley is one of my all time favorite characters and I‘m epically sad that the next book to come out in this series will be the last.
-Christine Feehan. To date I have read 60 of her books which is far past any other author I read regularly
- The Fosters. Callie has a fairy godmother 🧚♂️ or four leaf clover 🍀or something
- Feta Cheese or Filet Mignon or some dish that can involve both?
I can‘t believe I waited so long to start this series! I was so entertained - if a little weirded out by some of the supernatural lovin 😀 Pretty funny and I love Charley. And I just realized I met my reading goal for the year, yay!!!
I have three words for you," EMT Guy said. "Possible internal bleeding."
I turned back to him. "Don't you think if I was bleeding internally, I'd know somewhere deep inside? Like, internally?
Darynda Jones, First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
Snarky heroine & a mystery. Just the kind of #urbanfantasy #paranormal I like. I wasn‘t a fan of the supernatural groping but I liked the rest of the story enough for it to be a pick. I‘m curious to see where the series goes.
Hey guys! So, I got the opportunity to champion Reyes from Darynda Jones‘ Charley Davidson series in the Alpha Showdown on The Vampire Book Club. Today is his first showdown! If you have a moment, would you mind voting for him, please?! Thanks!
"But I have to say, Uncle Bob, I've recently uncovered irrefutable evidence of why some species eat their young."
??? Having two boys of my own, I can totally understand this! ??
My friend @Crystal3 recommended this book to me a while ago, and I finally picked it up. I'm on page 38 and I already love it!
Charley (Charlotte Jean) Davidson. There's plenty names in this series. P.I. & Grim Reaper, Charley (aka Dutch, Charles, a really long celestial name I can't remember...) has a penchant for naming things--like her Jeep "Misery," & her breasts "Danger & Will Robinson" (Hey, if you are going to name body parts-it's much better than "Ralph!")?Sometimes her jokes & naming are a bit much, but it makes me laugh.
This book started out something like a romance novel and continued as a cozy mystery. It was a fun ride but I found it slightly annoying that the main character, a near thirty year old PI who has had her special power her whole life, still has no idea how to filter information. It's either all or nothing! Dead people everywhere! Anyway, it was fun for what it was.
Hey guys! Head on over to @BethM to check out the absolutely amazing giveaway she's doing! Darynda Jones is brilliant and I've been struggling to find the 2nd book in the series. 💓📚
Also, let's just take a minute to realize how amazing this community at Litsy is. All these #raok and giveaways sent to one another simply to make someone's day better. You do NOT find this on Facebook, just saying. 😉 #love
I am thankful for all of you and this community! I want to pay all the #randomactsofkindness forward! I'm giving away books 1-10 (maybe 11 I can't remember) of Darynda Jones grave series. Simply comment here and I'll pick a name at 6pm cst on Thanksgiving. Feel free to share! 💗💗you all!