My apartment building is changing the windows in the bedroom and living room, and it was my turn on Wednesday. So all the furniture had to be moved and the blinds at my bedroom had to be removed. Also my living room lamp didn‘t handle being moved. So:
1. I got the blinds up yesterday and my bedroom is dark again. I also got a new lamp 😊
2. While my furniture is all over the place, I‘m gonna take the opportunity to do a proper spring cleaning
1. Having a three day weekend makes me happy and has been what‘s gotten me through the week.
2. Checking out a new bookstore that just opened this month tomorrow and who knows what else I will find to do. I plan on making a dent in Aurora Rising this weekend for sure.
1. All the wonderful and motivating #BookFitnessChallenge posts. Everyone has really embraced the idea and is doing such a fantastic job both with their own goals as well as supporting the rest of the team. ❤️❤️❤️
2. Finishing my #MysteryMessageSwap so I can get it in the mail, writing some #justbecause correspondence, resting a bit from this week of travel, and hopefully getting a hike or two in.
1. Feeling baby boy kick and move more often! He‘s been swimming laps in there! 💕🥰
2. My husband is going to smoke a pork shoulder for pulled pork, watch the Indy 500, and get ready for vacation next week! 🏔🚙
1 It‘s Friday, my daughter doesn‘t have any exams next week and my son has a job interview today 😁
2 Nothing as yet.....thankfully.
Happy weekend all ❤️
1. 🤷🙄❤️ — which I guess means my default emotional states are idk, eyeroll, and heart
2. Nope, they're all either way too old or way too young
3. Giving my dog a haircut and eating strawberry cheesecake (but not at the same time because that would be a mess)
4. I'm an only child
1. 💖👀🥰 (apparently i am both loving and suspicious)
2. Nope but I have some friends getting their masters degrees this summer - graduation in the uk is normally way later than this in the year.
3. Dinner with my boyfriend tonight, museum with my aunt and uncle on Sunday, lots of housework and a gym trip in between
4. Only child
5. Will do!
2. 2 of my nephews. My daughter graduates in June (NC year round school system)
3. #BookFitnessChallenge set up by @wanderinglynn
4. Youngest of 4 but my siblings are 13,15 &17 years older than me. So it always felt like a combo of baby of the family & only child.
5. On it!
2. Nope, but in hopefully starting my Masters program in fall 🤞
3. The MIL is coming to town... pray for me 😭
4. I'm the youngest, but my half-sister is almost a decade older than me and a complete screw up, so I often feel like the only child.
5. Will do!
1. 😆👍😘 (Runners up:🤔🤷)
2. My nephew is!
3. It's storming something fierce here. Supposed to stick around all weekend. Flooding and the such has already started.
4. Literal birth order, I'm the baby. Second of two. But I received 4 step-siblings when I was 11, and I became the younger middle.
#friyayintro sneak peek! Yay Friday!! Tomorrow is one of my husband‘s “off Fridays” (he gets alternate ones), and I never work on Fridays, so we are going to par-tay while the kids are at school! 😍
1. My Lola. Fat cat in a little box.
2. Shortest Way Home by Pete Buttigieg. Smart guy, great story.
3. Yard sales, laundry, reading, resting. Not necessarily in that order.
4. Gloomy, a little rainy, but decent temps.
5. We're grazing. No cooking for me tonight.
1. No kids or pets yet 😔
2. Moon Tiger
3. Walks, out for a meal & read
4. Raining today ☔️
1. My Dogther Sadie Mae
2.All I‘ve read is my arc of Mistress of the Ritz by Melanie Benjamin but it was really good!
3. My niece‘s volleyball game and lots of vegging and Netflix.
4.84 & partly cloudy.
5.Excellent question, I have no idea!
🤰🏽Me! I‘m at 20 weeks in the picture, and I‘m at 26 weeks now.
📖 I‘ve been listening to The Poisonwood Bible, and WOW, it‘s been great.
🛍 Reading, cleaning, maybe some shopping.
🌤 Sunny but cloudy sometimes, around 65 degrees.
1. My team at work won the “People‘s Choice” award at the Chili Cook-Off this week! I didn‘t make the chili, but I was the only one from my team in the office when they took the pictures!
2. The conclusion of Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb
3. Errands, maybe some gardening, church, lots of reading for my EfM class, and probably fun reading, too!
4. Partly cloudy, mostly sunny, high 60s/low 70s this week—gorgeous!
5. I have no idea...😕
1. My kid playing the piano at the MLK Jr Historic Site in Atlanta. She played her recital piece when she thought no one was looking. ☺️
2. My cystogram X-Ray! 😁
3. Jazz Festival, Arts Festival, reading!
4. Mild winter, hot & humid summers
5. Grilled skirt steak w/ asparagus and rice pilaf. Strawberry rhubarb crisp for dessert.
1. Here's Winston looking quite offended when I asked for my chair and blanket back (notice how he's wrapped up). Needless to say I sat elsewhere.
2. I haven't gotten to do a lot of reading 😭 Do my research papers count?
3. Writing 1000 pages of essays for finals (I'm not exaggeraging that much 😜) and sleep
4. It's been sunny and 75 🌞
5. Costco combination pizza! 🍕
1. Me and my munchkin on St. Pats day
2. Still plodding my way through a Discovery of Witches
3. Beer fest at Citi Field and then friends over for the Kentucky Derby and then my son has a birthday party on Sunday.
4. Cloudy and cool - yucky, fall weather
5. No idea
1. My kids are participating in a province wide school walkout today, in support of GSAs. Our new government has some unsafe, wackadoodle ideas.
2. A text from my soon to be college graduate telling me he got a job.
3. Nothing... yet....
4. Cloudy, rain, snow, hail, repeat.
5. Roasted chicken thighs and Asian cabbage salad.
1. Basically our pet family. Even though only 1 is ours (the grumpy one that is mad his friends are on “his bed”.)
2. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
3. Catching up with friends we haven‘t seen in a while, which means no reading and a lot of socializing!
4. It‘s been cloudy and rainy a lot lately and getting to like 60°! Saturday it‘s supposed to be cloudy and 69°!
5. Leftover chicken tacos
1. Princess stealing my reading spot
2. The only book I finished was Melmoth and I didn‘t enjoy it
3. Heading to Phoenix, AZ for a conference!!!
4. Currently 60s and rainy
5. That has yet to be decided. Always hoping for pizza though
1. My nephew and I after he gave me a new hair do the other night.
2. I haven‘t been able to settle on a book all week. 😔
3. Start my birthday festivities! 🥳♉️
4. High of 87 which is hotter than I enjoy.
5. No idea. I have an order due in the morning so I‘ll probably grab fast food.
1. My #litsylove/#jb organiser - one section for cards in, one for cards out and another for stickers.
2. None particularly stand out, but I started Macbeth by Nesbo last night!
3. Don't know about today, but tomorrow I'm celebrating my birthday by going to see Avengers with Dad & then going for Italian as a family in the evening. Either Sunday or Monday I'm going shopping with Mum.
5. Don't know yet.
1. Fun at the zoo with Juliet yesterday!
2. Love Thy Neighbor: A Muslim Doctor‘s Struggle for Home in Rural America
3. My sister‘s wedding!
4. Low 90s in the day, low 60s at night. Super mild weather for May!
5. Rehearsal dinner! Not sure what they‘re having catered. 🤷🏼♀️ #friyayintro
Thanks @howjessreads for using my question 🥰 I‘m off to read everyone‘s answers after posting this. #friyayintro
1. Sabrina the Teenage Witch @BarbaraTheBibliophage
2. Visit America which I will be doing in October 😀 @Melissa_J
3. Usually by mood @emtobiasz
4. Harry Potter. I still haven‘t finished the series (got 3 left) but if it wasn‘t for my children‘s lit course I don‘t think I would have ever read it.
5. Favourite bookstore?
With the impending doom of 1-3” of snow tomorrow 😑 a #24B4MONDAY is a ray of sunshine this FriYay day. Keeping it simple this time with second attempt at Pride. Joining the party is Mouthful of Birds one of the three books from #bookriottbr, and YA without a love triangle Dread Nation.
1. Fraggle Rock
2. Tour Italy
3. I‘m a mood ready so it can be a variety of ways
4. Janet Evanovitch
5. How‘s your Friday going?
Have a great weekend Littens!
2. Whale watching
3. I have to be feeling it.
4. John Scalzi
5. I can‘t think of any. Just have an awesome Friday everyone! 👋🏻
Ready for swimsuit season!! Lol.
I have two CRAZY WEEKENDS in a row, so no cute #friyayintro pic, sorry! So much Palm Sunday / Easter / birthday / bachelorette stuff going on!
But how about you share your favorite new book accessory, or something you‘re excited about this weekend? 🙂
Happy Friyay to all! Thx for the tag @robinb 🤗❤️
1. Either 60s or 70s because I loved the music, especially my Carole King Tapestry album, Melanie albums and everything by The Beatles. Plus I really wanted to drive my very own cherry red 1964 Mustang convertible. 😁🎧🚘
2. Any format works for me.
4. More like 3,000 miles
Rock on @howjessreads 😎
Thanks for the tag @suvata !
1. Probably none. I like my life the way it is. I wouldn‘t want to go back to being a kid or being in school.
2. Actual books!
3. Younger, I‘m 29. Turning 30 in Oct! 🙀
4. Yep, that‘s what happens when you were born in the smallest state. 🤪
5. Will do! 💚💚