I‘m a day late but have not had much time for Litsy since school started. I don‘t have much time for anything but school. ☹️
1. Goal completed! 🎉
2. I‘m more handy than my husband. My dad said he did not want his daughters to ever have to depend on a man so taught us like boys.
3. Christian hard rock
1) Not bad! 45/52. I won‘t hit last years numbers but I think I‘ve enjoyed more that I‘ve read this year.
2) Dogs are the only non-primate to have left-gaze bias.
3) Symphonic and Power Metal, silly pop-punk, and that catchy hipster music from the early 2010s
4) Dating, engagement, and our upcoming wedding all fall around late Oct/early Nov.
1. Goodreads challenge: 106/120, poetry goal: 11/12 (one poetry collection/month). Haven‘t made much progress on reading my own TBR or finishing series, though!
2. My name‘s written on a ceiling beam in a cathedral in England (not graffiti!)
4. Almost EVERYTHING is in March: wedding & first date anniversaries, my birthday & my husband‘s (also my mom and a niece & nephew). But my engagement anniversary is Sept. 17!
1. I set a goal of 25 (1 more than last year. Currently on 81!
2. The River Severn, which passes within a mile@of my home, has the second highest tidal range in the world.
3. I‘m partial to a bit of 80s pop/synth-pop
4. My mum and dad both have birthdays in October, I met my partner in October, and Cheltenham Literature Festival is in October. So I guess I‘ll go for June, the month I was born😂
1. Good overall but I‘ve been a fair bit slower this month as I‘ve had lots of stuff on
2. I once got dramatically kissed after a run through an airport just like in a film
3. 🤷♀️ pop probably im quite basic
4. October will be five years with my boyfriend
5. Will do!
1. Bloodsteam by Luca Veste. Set In Liverpool my home city and the place I love ❤
2. Going to be sunny and cloudy today, high temp of 16°c ⛅
3. Oh dear the memories 😂 Probably going out for a drink and ending up back at his house with all his mates 🤪
4. I have neither. Working with children is enough for me at the moment and not at home enough for pets.
This is late, but whatever! 😁
1. Gone Girl—I got mad at the ridiculously supernatural foresight of the MC. Also Pretty Girls—I wanted the villain to die SO BADLY!! 😡
2. Right now, What We Do in the Shadows 🧛♂️🧛♀️❤️. Forever favorites—The Office & Parks & Rec!
3. Cold brewed coffee
4. Central Standard?
5. Black Magic! ❤️
1. I‘m an outside-my-own-house person but as long as I‘m out and doing something don‘t mind indoors or outdoors. Today I‘m off work with a sore throat and not a fan of being inside at all
2. Hot: strong black coffee, cold: Diet Coke (#basic), alcoholic: any vodka based cocktail
3. The setting of the shipping news
5. Im off work sick lying sprawled on bed in my underwear so it wasn‘t too challenging...
1. Definitely an outdoor person I love it! 🏞🏝🏕
2. Favourite hot drink is coffee, favourite soft drink is pineapple juice and favourite alcoholic drink is a caipirinha ☕🍍🍹 Couldn't possibly pick just 1 drink.
3. Martinique - Carribbean island where Cendrillion is set. We read this book in school. It's a retelling of Cinderella and always think it sounds so beautiful 🏝👸
4. Black ⚫
1. Making it through the week in one piece ? & being considered for a promotion at work
3. Strawberry shortcake
4. Helping my fiancé get prepared for his new job on Monday ?
1. I went to visit my doctor, which my anxiety disorder really hates.
2. Anywhere by the ocean.
3. Fruit desserts aren‘t my first choice, but I‘d go with strawberry shortcake.
1. I‘ve started organizing my home office. It‘s been a mess for so long it‘s become a project to get it back in order.
2. There are so many amazing places in Colorado. We just got back from Vail which was great but I love finding hidden gems that are off the beaten path and not many people know about.
3. Strawberry 🍓 shortcake
4. Not really because it means my vacation will be over and I‘ll have to go back to work
5. Will do!
1. I worked three events in three days at work and helped a huge pile of kids and teachers have some great experiences but now I need to sleep for a weeeek
2. My happiest holiday memories are New York and Montreal, they‘re my favourite cities outside London
3. I don‘t have much of a sweet tooth so neither? Garlic bread and chips pls
4. Yep I‘m going to see Neil Young later then a musical Saturday!
1. Getting the classroom ready for September has been very satisfying 👩🏫
2. Greece 🇬🇷 We love it and are exploring the different islands. Been to Santorini, Crete, Rhodes & Corfu ☀️✈🍹
3. Strawberry Shortcake 🍓
4. BBQ & drinks with the family 🔥🍗🥂
5. Welcome newbies 🖐🏻🖐🏽🖐🏿
1. Two things - I have new glasses coming, and I've done my 2 walks for this week for #bfcr2
2. An European island with a breeze
3. Strawberry shortcake
4. Don't have anything planned!
5. Will do!
1. Gosh there are too many. Today I choose the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.
2. I‘m such a condiment person, I pretty much love them all. I guess cocktail sauce bc I don‘t eat seafood.
3. Butterflies & squeaky cotton (balls, pads, qtips) I have chills just thinking about them.
4.Technically six, but really 1? 4 biological (never met 3) and two step brothers I‘m not in contact with.
5. You got it, dude.
1. Hmm not a big series reader but I adore Becky Chambers Wayfarers series and Marilynne Robinson‘s Gilead series
2. Brown sauce, tartar sauce, marmite, HP sauce... olde worlde English sauces that aren‘t mustard in general
3. I hate touching coins, I find them so dirty and I always hand sanitise after handling them if I‘m gonna eat or touch my face etc.
4. Only child!
5. Will do 👋👋👋
1. I haven‘t read a book series since I was a child. Unless you count Morse?
2. Tomato Ketchup! It is the sperm of the devil. And tastes nothing like an actual tomato.
3. There are things I don‘t like (crowds in particular) but I wouldn‘t call them phobias.
4. None now. I used to have a brother, but he disowned his family a few years ago.
1. Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger
3. I‘m not a fan of heights, especially those over water
4. 1 brother
5. Will do!
2. In Edinburgh if you ask for “sauce“ on fish and chips you get what appears to be brown sauce watered down with vinegar. And I don't like brown sauce to begin with!
3. Creepy crawlies in general but especially spiders and caterpillars. Heights. Trypophobia
It‘s time for a blast from the past for this week‘s #friyayintro sneak peek! This is from Sept 2017... way back when my screen name was jess.how. Haha.
But I‘m so happy to have the condiment debate again!! Because MAYONNAISE IS THE LITERAL WORST. Pretty sure it was invented by Satan. 🤮🤢
1. All the friendly wildlife! 🦌🐿🐦🦝
2. Being able to read out in the sun! 📖🌞
3. Fresh, local corn on the cob 🌽
4. Print. I just recently tried ebooks again and still hate it. 😕📱
Thanks @Kayla.Adriena for the tag! 🤓
thanks @shellleigh33 for the tag 🙃
1. I‘m two hours from Boston and two hours from NYC, and the amazing #bookbarn is very close by.
2. Beach!! Also river tubing and kayaking and going to the cabin on a lake in Maine... so pretty much anything water-related.
3. Ice cream
4. Print all the way
5. Not sure who‘s done this yet - so you if you haven‘t. 😊
1. Scousers 🥰 as a city we're so welcoming and friendly that's beyond cool, one of a kind our city ❤
2. 6 weeks off work of course👍🏻
3. Love BBQs and homegrown fruit 🔥🍗🍓
4. Prefer a proper book but will read either 📚
1. Well there‘s the lack of prime minister, the fact that our next PM gonna be Boris Johnson, Brexit, ministers keep accidentally doing money laundering and assault... but other than that! Roast potatoes, Notting Hill Carnival, the Globe and the Peak District. Four undeniable good things. I‘ll eat potatoes while my democracy melts.
2. Long warm light evenings!
3. Tapas with sangria to go with it
4. Why not both!
Sorry I forgot to post the preview last night!
1. Ben‘s Bells started in #Tucson, so there are kindness murals all over town!
2. Nothing? 😬 I hate the heat! And my job is way busier in the summers.
3. Cantaloupe and berries, yum!
4. I hate to admit it, but e-books.
5. 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 #friyayintro