The Hitchhiker‘s Guide To The Galaxy is perfect if you‘re in need of a laugh, as I was when I read it. I‘m not sure I‘d read it again, I didn‘t love it that much, but I‘m glad I did. It made me think a lot about how sci-fi is often maligned, and how varied the genre can actually be, unbeknownst to the readers that look down their noses at it. Full review here: http://keepingupwiththepenguins.com/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-douglas-...
Thanks for the tag @RvnclawWhovian
1. I have a house full of books waiting to be read 🤷♀️😂
2. Tagged. I love it so much.
3. It‘s in 4 figures. Let‘s just leave it there and move on.....
4. Britain by the Book by Oliver Tearle. Loved it 4 ⭐️ out of 5
5. Shout out to some new followers @rajithr @gimmeabook @BilboBookends
#HappyHour by the Housemartins. I remember this song playing during Freshers‘ Week, when I started a Bath Uni. Hugely popular song, the nightclub DJ was asked to play it again and again, until he refused to do so until the students calmed down😂. And the full HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, a trilogy in 4 parts, was first published in that same year.
Started this one with my bf on audio on the way home today. This is also my first audible book. Any pointers would be appreciated!
I guess Marvin has a case of the Mondays too 🥴
#ColorMePretty #CMYK 💗💙💛🖤
Not too sure about this one, most of my books are either black or white😆 Lucky when I look over at my #TBR books pile and there they are! I‘m going to start the tagged book next since it‘s one of my birthday present
I‘ll tag the 3rd book title in the comment in case your curiosity is dying to know but your eyes can‘t see due to the silly lemon 🍋 colour😆
#newbook #bookhaul #scifi #funko #bibliophile #AussieReader
DONT PANIC🐬 temporary abandoned my other book to start this series , in dire need for some comedy ✨🌌
•Review• Probably the smartest book i‘ve ever read, loved it and can‘t wait to start the next one. i love Ford Prefect so much and the Heart of Gold ship with the Improbability Drive, it was so funny, recommend!
Talk about another trip down memory lane. I remember really enjoying this when I 1st read it back in high school. I listened to the audio this time (read by Stephen Fry 👍) and while I still enjoyed it immensely I would have to say I definitely have a greater appreciation for & understanding of it now as an adult.
Book #36: Continuing on my "I'm going to read some "funner" books on this list" trend, I dove into my first outright humorous book. Prior to this I was not much accustomed to "British humor", having not watched much of British comedy shows or movies before. But afterwards I became a convert. I thought this book was absolutely hilarious, and...
Who doesn‘t love this book. Such a FUN read! If you haven‘t read it, do yourself a favor and make it happen. Even my fiction-hating husband loved it! 🎵 So long, thanks for all the fish. 🎵
Finished HHGTTG audiobook last night. One of my faves, but 1st time on audio. But while I normally like Stephen Fry, I wasn‘t crazy about his narration, mainly because I will always hear Marvin‘s voice as Alan Rickman & Zaphod as Sam Rockwell. 💜 This was audiobook 5/6 for the #BookFitnessChallenge
I started the Bear & the Nightingale audiobook this morning, read by Kathleen Gati, who so far is a fabulous narrator.
Yesterday was towel day! Take this fun quiz to see which character you are. I‘m Trillian. https://bookriot.com/2019/05/25/quiz-which-hitchhikers-guide-character-are-you/
Thanks @Joriebooks thanks for the link to this fun quiz. Of course I‘m Arthur Dent 😂. Now, where‘s my towel ! 🐟💫🚀🛰
In honor of Towel Day yesterday(5/25), here is a quiz from Bookriot. I got Trillion. Who will you get?
Happy Towel Day! I was inspired to draw this after seeing @wanderinglynn ‘s post, but I‘ve been a big fan of Hitchhiker‘s Guide since I was twelve and I knew I had to commemorate this day somehow! Note the towel at Ford‘s back as he drags Arthur off to some crazy new adventure! #towelday #hitchhikersguide #hitchhikersguidetothegalaxy #douglasadams
“A towel it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have.”
I‘ve got my towel. Now if I just had a copy of the guide, a Babel fish, and a Sub-Etha Sens-O-Matic, I‘d be ready to go! #hhgttg #towelday
2. I rejoined my local running club. I‘d forgotten how welcoming they were.
3. Italian, because pasta!
4. 2, one on each side of the family.
5. Hi to new followers @krf1101 @Sic_Corneille @Wolverine551
1. One of the funniest books I‘ve ever read. #TeamMarvin🤖
3. I can‘t answer this. I have a lot of stomach issues so there‘s not one style of food that I could live on really. I do love Chinese & Thai but I also love Italian. And a good steak🥩.
4. Yep. 23 I think.🤔
5. @Robothugs @Cinfhen @erzascarletbookgasm 💖💖💖
The President in particular is very much a figurehead — he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it...
1. Yes, I‘m good with any genre except horror.
2. Douglas Adams
3. No, I lean toward eclectic, so I‘m good with weird & creative.
4. BTVS, all things Gaiman (that‘s a fandom, right?), Sherlock
5. No triggers, but I have a hard time reading horror.
6. Sweet (dark chocolate)
7. As long as its not so much to obscure the text
10. Enamel pins, magnets, miniature books, foreign coins
Reread, because book group is tonight. I‘ve read it approximately 42 times before (see what I did there?). It‘s fine, utterly ridiculous but fun. My camera doesn‘t appear to be working, so here‘s a pic of my dogs instead.
Much better read during lunch than pregnancy and lactation drug labeling regulations. 🤣🤣
Which Great American Read Are You? This was my result! 😁
@wanderinglynn tagged me so thanks!I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do if I'm tagged so just doing the tag I guess? 😅
1. I like to believe I relate to Liesel Meminger
2.Nesta from the ACOTAR series. I did not like her character one bit
3. Theatre Corner
4.Tagging everyone who was nice enough to welcome me and show me around
@Crazeedi @UwannaPublishme @sudi @jenniferajanes @SW-T @Chelleo @RaimeyGallant @BethM @BookwormAHN @DarcysMom @Eggs
Thanks for the tag @NightSparrowReads ☺️
1. Not sure I‘m like her, but I identify with Trillian.
2. hm? Maybe the obvious answer, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
4. 👋🏻 to some of my new followers: @christine_reads88 @nafisa_18 @Michaelbmontes @baes @girlwiththeglasses