Omg! I just finished this fantastic book and the ending was well worth the long wait!!! Such an amazing read and 10/10 recommend if you haven't picked it up yet
Hello to everyone on Litsy! New to the community and looking forward to making some bookish friends! 😊📚💜
“[The towel] has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours...and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.”
#SongsOfSummer | 8: #Vacation
📷: Made with Typorama
1. Fantasy, urban fantasy, SciFi, & magical realism. Also anything by Gaiman (because he should have his own genre.)
2. I did write a book! I “won” NaNoWriMo in 2013 and 2017, and have various workings of other projects from other NaNo years. But my 2013 novel‘s working title was Project Gen-M.
3. my snuggly fur-babies ❤️
4. So far, 16! 🙌🏻 I‘m 46/78 for the year!
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.” -Ford Prefect
“Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.” Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Slowly working my way through this book. Featuring my second favorite bookmark.
Super excited to start this adventure and be able to finish them all in one book!!!
Book haul from tonight! Went for a mother's day gift for my mom, and ended up buying myself a few gifts too .😆 All for $40!
I've read all of them, except for Cat's Eye.
It‘s my birthday today. Here‘s the clue, so how old am I you beautiful Litten nerds?
“It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds...[but] a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero...”
#TimbitTunes | 13: #LonelyLonely
📷: Made with Typorama
I decided to spend my gift card on things I wouldn't normally get myself. And because many of you whom I respect said yes, I got the ultimate. #blameitonlitsy
From @kaye - I love this! Littens are by far the most creative people out there when it comes to usernames 👍🏻
My handle comes from the nickname everyone calls me: ‘Aims‘ (real name is Amy) and 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything!! (A quote from one of my favorite books and favorite authors who re-ignited my love of reading 😁)
Love love love Douglas Adams! These stories still make me laugh at loud. I love this flavor of biting sarcasm and miss the days when authors were allowed to decide if there had to be a canon for readers to follow (it‘s always best to ignore contradiction while hitchhiking the universe). 5 out of 5 on GR. Still in love with Arthur Dent. Still wish I could explore the universe.
I finally found the mp3 version of the original recording from the BBC :) :) this geek girl is happy now :)
It was a very happy #towelday knowing that both of my favorite books made the #greatreadpbs list; the other one is "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". I'm hoping to watch the first episode of the PBS series this weekend, assuming my DVR doesn't kick it off first. (I'm also realizing that I took the picture before I started filling in the boxes - I've read at least a few of them, I swear!)
" A #towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. You can wrap it around you for warmth.....you can lie on it on the brilliant marble..... you can sleep underneath it..... you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough."
1. I Does Hitchhikers count? I read more fantasy and dystopian then sci-fi.
2. From 80‘s? Maybe Street Fighter but that was an arcade game.
3. ALL the bands. From A-ha to ZZ Top and everything in between.
4. Breakfast Club, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Back to the Future Trilogy, Pretty In Pink, Labyrinth, Never Ending Story, Ghostbusters....
1. The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Galaxy
2. Pizza... pineapple, pepperoni, and jalapeños
3. An oldie, but a goodie... WKRP
4. @SeanEasley @DebinHawaii @hgrimes @MaleficentBookDragon
1. New releases or sci-fi
2. Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws- douglas adams
3. I haven't had the chance to gift a children's book. But i did gift a harry potter bookset to my nephews
4. I recently started following @TK-421 and got to know about #Quotsy, i am really enjoying it
1. Mostly GR, but I‘ve recently started using Library Thing.
2. I don‘t have a preference as long as it‘s done well.
3. When it starts, I‘ll be asleep. But since Litsy is one of the first things I check, I‘ll probably get irritated because I won‘t remember. Then panic a bit thinking everything‘s broken. And then finally remember it‘s down for maintenance.
4. I can‘t tag just one and there‘s not enough space to tag them all!
Read - favorite
When waiting at the dentist's, always bring a friend. 📚🤓