“A lesser male needs to shout to be noticed” -321
Kya is laughed at by classmates, abandoned by family, ignored or attacked by lovers. No wonder she hides in the marsh. The town feels thinly sketched. The quarterback is arrogant, the defense lawyer swaggers, the two cops go to diners. Cliches aside: almost every adult, particularly those in authority, is insensitive to her pain. Any violence she brings to them is strangely thought of as a win, where the real victory is moving on without them.
Ooooo Littens, it was good!!👏🏻❤️🐚🍂
1) The tagged book was my absolute favorite book I‘ve read in August, and perhaps the entire year.
2) I adored the main character, Kya. A strong, heartbroken and independent woman who lived her days alone but always in the company of nature. I was often heartbroken for her, and books rarely make me cry, but this one certainly did. I was immersed in Kya‘s story from start to finish.
This does a great job at turning the pages and, though I don‘t read many, judge this to be a righteous mystery/courtroom drama. The descriptions of the natural world are some of the best and engaging bits that make this the good read that it is. Shame I couldn‘t get over the “To Kill a Mockingbird” feel, even though there was plenty to set it apart… that‘s more me than the book…
🌼 outside until it gets 100 degrees!! 🥵
🌼 I usually plant zinnias! I also have calls lilies, hydrangea, and hostas 🌱
🌼 sweet tea
I knew I would enjoy this book because many people recommended it to me, however it really exceeded all expectations! It is a wonderfully complex story that pulls you in and really makes you feel for the main character, Kya. I highly recommend reading this if you haven‘t already!
1. It‘s one of the factors that makes me want to read a book or avoid entirely.
2. I‘d rather not know anything. That‘s what the summary is for.
3. I got a hardcover of the tagged book last year for Christmas. Just something about the cover I really like. Still need to finish it though. 😅
I was late to this book but did enjoy it. There was some weird racial tensions that I thought could have been more fleshed out but I really loved the story.
When the shoot the #film of #wherethecrawdadssing down the street from where you work....it‘s time to read the book!!!! #onlyinlouisiana #hollywoodsouth Filming wrapped up yesterday!!! Did I mention #reesewitherspoon is involved in it???? (She‘s not on screen) this was right up my ally to watch the #behindthescenes stuff!!! #moviebuff #movieaddict
My mother-in-law let me borrow this book. I only read two pages and loving it. #currentreading