Happy Halloween book nerds! The Green Ribbon has long been a favorite of mine. It was so much fun doing these photos!
Tonight's bedtime stories... for myself... you know... because I'm a grown woman with no children. What? Don't judge me! ?♀️?
In a Dark, Dark Room certainly takes me back to childhood. There are 7 stories in that one, but it's not quite "Halloween" and it doesn't fit the team theme, so just 35 points for that one (aside from readathon pts).
#Scarathlon2021 #TeamSlaughter #spookoweenreadathon #wickedathon @Clwojick @StayCurious @TheSpineView
1. I loved scary stories as early as summer school between 1st and 2nd grade. I don‘t know that I can recall one that stands out as scarier than the others. Tagged the earliest scary story book I can recall reading.
2. Hmm... maybe the first time I read World War Z? I had zombie themed nightmares for months. 😅
3. I‘d love to see an adaptation of World War Z that isn‘t “in name only”. 🤦♀️😅
1. I was obsessed with the I Can Read Books! I had them all! I read them over and over.
2. Is 6th grade considered childhood? My 6th grade teacher read James and the Giant Peach to the class over a few days and it was amazing!
3. I didnt do chores. I was too clumsy 😂
4. My She-Ra and Jem action figures. Had alll those too!
5. I was creepy as a child and loved scary books. This is my all time fave since i was little.
My 6 year old, who doesn't enjoy anything scary, chose this for us to read together. The Green Ribbon, in its various incarnations, is one of my favorite ghost stories! You can't beat Alvin Schwartz for a good story! 😍🧟♂️👻
My first book outlet order arrived!!! The top two were with my partner in mind. He is so pleased. I can‘t wait to start the Fear Streets! Plus some more Dirk Gently! #bookhaul
Jenny and that damn green ribbon! I‘m 33 and that story still haunts me lol. But this little book is a classic. I‘m only posting because buzzfeed featured a funny article about the story lol! Here is the link: https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/for-everyone-thats-still-fucked-up-over-that... #books #reader #reading
My recently-turned 9 year old asked to go see IT this past weekend. Finally one of my kids is following in my love of horror footsteps. I didn't take him to see the movie but decided to surprise him with some of my favorite scary books from when I was his age.
In another edition of #bookserendipity, I literally asked my kids this morning if they ever heard the story of the girl with the ribbon around her neck and then this popped up on my FB feed tonight. Cue scary music 😳https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/for-everyone-thats-still-fucked-up-over-that-stor?utm_term=.ri8JX36lA7#.kt79ejBZNp #serendipity
20. My first scary book! I was so young, I don't even know how young, and it both horrified and fascinated me. I became a little obsessed with having that particular edge in all the books I looked for after that. Also, my name is Jenny... #greenribbon 😝😵🙃 #AllHallowsRead #ScaryReads #photoadaychallenge
My first "horror" book was a scary story collection for kids. ? My sister @kchace and I used to read this all the time when we were little, The Green Ribbon was our favorite ? #allhallowsread #firsthorrorbook
I loved scary stories as a child...Alvin Schwartz and RL Stine were my jam (Fear Street...none of that Goosebumps nonsense). I believe this to be my first #horror story collection, and after becoming an English major, educator, and librarian all these years later, I went back to this and was *shocked* it's basically a beginning reader. Might as well hook 'em while they're young. 😂😂😂😱
#AllHallowsRead #firsthorrorbook @Litsy