1. Not a must - more often I have a physical book. Yes, I really do read-and-walk;
2. It‘s not a thing in the UK, but several old red telephone boxes across the country have been converted into mini libraries. None near me, though, but we do have our own proper library!
Here‘s my answers for #Two4Tuesday
1. I have my physical tbr that I see everyday, then I have one in here that‘s a mix of books I want and books I own and then there‘s the one in my head.
2. I‘m a mood reader so mostly what I feel like reading, but since I started using the library again I also need to think about when books are due back.
1. I have an app called My Library(Android) which has all my read, reading and tbr books. Apart from that I add it here on Litsy 📚🤓
2. It completely depends on my mood. If a blurb entices me enough it becomes my next read. I cannot make monthly tbrs at any point😬
1. Mostly the Amazon wishlist, but also a few marked on my library app, photos on my phone, the unrecorded piles in the bedroom....
2. Do I have a deadline (ARC review, library return, book club)? Otherwise, what am I in the mood for?
1. I have my goodreads list but rarely update that, have my list on Litsy which I update once in a while, but really just jot books down in notes on my phone.
2. Pretty much by deadlines lol - whatever is due at the library next or whatever I have to read to send on for postal book clubs!
Here is this week's #Two4Tuesday. Be sure to tag me when you repost. I look forward to your answers!
📖 The Bronze Horseman was recommended to me by several friends. One in particular insisted I read it. I just didn't get the hype from the blurb. It ended up being one of my all time favorites.
📖 I need to reread LOR. I reread The Hobbit but never got around to the rest.
1. I started regular reading in May this year so it was only 40 books till year end. But I'm happy coz I have already completed 27 and currently reading 2 more😊
2. So many🤣🙈 But the most important is regular exercise and building a certain level of fitness. I really wish I can accomplish it this year.
#two4tuesday @TheSpineView Thankyou!😊
1. Last year I read 24 books, this year I‘m already on 75, so quantity is not a factor. I guess reducing the size of my TBR would be good (I seem to be adding books faster than I‘m reading them🙄)
2. Continuing to focus on eating sensibly and losing weight. No specific target in mind, just want to keep losing til I‘m happy with what I see in the mirror.
1️⃣ my GR goal is 500and I‘ve read 355
2️⃣ so much of September-December is survival mode: work, college and HS football, dance programs and the 2 major holidays!!! I have 5 lbs to lose so I‘d like to do that, and maybe finish a craft project or 2
1. I have several favorite authors but more specific books when I feel like I need to reread.
2. Working on it. Lots of authors lots of back listed books. Not to mention the new books that are being released.
1. Yes! I have monthly Storytel subscription where I get my dose of latest releases. I also have subscription to a magazine based on Indian wildlife (if that counts as bookish). I also subscribed to book boxes in India a few times but stopped due to budget constraints.
2. I have recently subscribed to a photography tutorial by my favourite wildlife photographer. I hope it helps with my hobby😊
1. When my kids are in school, my favorite time to read is while I‘m waiting in the carpool line. By then, everything else is pretty much done and I can relax. And also on weekend mornings before everyone else wakes up. Both are “me” time! 📚
2. Nope. When I get the chance to sit and read, I just dive in! 😊
1️⃣ mornings for physical books so I have natural light ☀️ evenings for ebooks and any time I have more than 10m: waiting in line, dr offices, meals...
2️⃣ no, I‘m an opportunist especially w. my grands: anytime they‘ll listen I will read to them or listen to them read
1. I have books in my garage; my spare bedroom; my wardrobe; under my bed; in my lounge. I literally have books all through the house.
2. I‘m a Chartered Accountant. I am, therefore, one of the most boring people in the world.
1. I am planning a girls‘ trip to PEI for next summer. It is a book themed trip since we are all kindred spirits who love the Anne of Green Gables series. 🇨🇦
2. I‘ve been to six of the seven continents and am planning a trip to Antarctica. 🇦🇶🐧🐳
1. I‘m a total nerd about tracking my books and pages read. There are several spreadsheets involved 🤓
2. When I‘m not reading or working I‘m likely binging tv or baking. I specialize in cakepops but do a variety of other things too.
Here is today's #Two4Tuesday. For the new Littens, to play repost with your answers and tag me. Don't forget to use the #Two4Tuesday in your post.
📘 I can't stand when my books aren't organized. They must be alphabetically by author last name.
📘 I learned to fly small aircraft when I was younger. 🛩
1. Totally out of hand. It‘s wild. It should have its own post code.
2. It‘s conceivable that I may not live long enough to read all the books I possess (and I am in very good health....)
Happy Tuesday! Here is this week's #Two4Tuesday. For you new Littens, to play repost with your answers, tag me @TheSpineView and use the #Two4Tuesday.
📘 No I usually end up going where family want to go or visit family.
📘 I have several places I want to go because of books. First on the list is Scotland because of Outlander.
1. Would I like to? Yes Do I? No - I have neither the time, nor - more importantly - the artistic ability to do so. So you‘ll get a Kindle screen dump or a photo of a book thrown into whatever happens to be the nearest flat surface😂
2. Emojis🤔 Do I like them?🤔😏😄😂😂 Doesn‘t everyone? 🎉 🎊 🎉
1. Yes! I‘ve actually dreamed of being a novelist since I was about thirteen
2. The stories I‘m working on now fall into YA fantasy, mostly
Here is this week's #Two4Tuesday. You know the drill and for the new Littens just repost with your answers tag me @TheSpineView and use the hashtag #Two4Tuesday.
📘 No, my talents don't lie in that direction.
📘 However, if I was talented enough I would write a Sci-Fi or Fantasy novel.
📘 All the time. I enjoy sharing my thoughts and seeing what others have to say.
📘 My blog, GoodReads, Library Thing, Litsy and Amazon if the book is already published.
A day late because yesterday was quite busy and I didn‘t have time to properly look through Litsy posts😩
1. I don‘t really do “beach reads”; I take a selection from my huge TBR pile, whatever I feel in the mood for.
2. Always far more than I am likely to read! I took 6 books with me to Ras Al Khaimah last month, started one on my first day, finished it on the flight home😂
1. I hate “beach” reads. I take whatever I‘m reading (usually history or philosophy). I was reading Nietzsche on my lunch break the other day 🤓
2. Always. In addition to books, I pack periodicals like Scientific American and Monthly Review. Every girl needs a handy socialist magazine that fits in her purse! 🧛🏻♀️
1. I normally take an easy or light read with me when I go on vacation. Unless I‘m already in the middle of something and need to keep reading.
2. Oh definitely!! What if I‘m not in the mood for a book I brought! I can‘t not have a book to read! (I went to Block Island for 3 days and brought 2 books and went to a bookshop but didn‘t buy anything! 😂)
1. I might save up one I‘m looking forward to ... ... but really it‘s all the same .. beach or no beach .. hols or no hols
2. Yes. Well , I‘d have a loaded kindle / couple of books & ofcorse I will be visiting bookshops ....
Nice questions ♥️👍🏻
1. I pick whatever I'm excited about at the moment. (but I usually include 1 beach read in case vacation zaps my brain cells).
2. I usually pick 2 of 3 physical books plus however many ebooks I think I'll actually want, then trust the backlog of unread material on my kindle to save me if I guessed wrong. (so much easier than the days before eReaders!)
Sorry I tried to get this out earlier and Litsy crashed on me.😱
I miss doing something on Tuesday so I am starting #Two4Tuesday. Two bookish questions on Tuesday and I think I will mix it up with a periodic giveaway. I will start this as a trial and see how everyone likes it. Here is today's first 2 questions about books and vacations. My answers are below. ⬇️