"The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.# James Baldwin ~The Fire Next Time
1. Serena Williams, Simone Biles, Cicely Tyson and Tyler Perry
2. Beverly Jenkins, Ashley Antoinette
4. Black cowboys. History making African Americans in the arts like Misty Copeland, but I already ready her book.
#BHMSWAP #BlitsyHistoryMonth #BlitsyHistoryMonthSwap
1. Maya Angelou, John Lewis, Kamala Harris, Aaliyah and I gotta include Gizelle Bryant from RHOP 😂
2. Roxane Gay, Langston Hughes, Zora Neale Hurston, Colson Whitehead. I have a bunch of NK Jemisin that I can‘t wait to read. I need to read Octavia Butler too and could def use more of her work.
4. Literary fiction, fantasy, historical fiction
5. Hmm the Civil Rights Movement.
#blitsyhistorymonth #bhmswap @Chelleo
1) My forever POTUS & FLOTUS, the Obamas. Assata Shakur. Prince. Dorothy Dandridge. Nina Simone. Josephine Baker. 2) Octavia Butler. Victor LaValle. Toni Morrison. Nalo Hopkinson. Elizabeth Acevedo. 3) Future, Present, or Past (although I would prefer not to read anymore slave era stories). 4) Science-Fiction. Fantasy. Thrillers. Literary Fiction. 5) Orisha. African Spirituality. Pre or Post Slavery History. #blitsyhistorymonth #bhmswap @Chelleo
#blitsyhistorymonth #blistyhistorymonthswap #BHMSwap @Chelleo
1️⃣ Tea ☕️ all the way!
2️⃣ Lotions (for ethnic skin or made by POC)
4️⃣ Savory (I loves salty snacks!)
5️⃣ T-shirts | Scarves | Socks Equally!
7️⃣ bonus item because there are no rules muhahahaha (okay there are rules) but I love love love Sci-Fi and black women authors!
Ok, I am about to make things either very easy or very difficult for my #blitsyhistorymonthswap match... 🙈
🖤 I love coffee, tea, and hot chocolate (in that order); 🖤candles; 🖤 sweet and savory, but spicy most of all; 🖤 socks- bonus points if they‘re toe socks or super fuzzy 😍; 🖤 bookmarks and magnets. #bhmswap @Chelleo
Oh, and the tagged book is one from the tippy top of my TBR that I do not yet own.