Fun, quick read. A good list of historical facts with a new perspective. Here are my #Top5 facts that I learned!
5) Roman politicians were stealing time.
4) Asia had an insane naval program in the 15th & 19th cent.
3) Tulips used to sell in Holland for $100K USD.
2) The Fax machine was invented in 1870.
1) Japan may not have been bombed if Japanese media hadn't misunderstood a single word!
Well written account of the impact silence had on society. The author focuses primarily on #prisons & #religious institutions (monestraiers, abbeys, etc.)
I have no problem with the writing or the research. The content and the writing style were not my cup of tea, so to speak.
It was worth a read through once. Slow pace.
#Nonfiction #GreenvilleSC #history #finished
"Our results will change only when we change our beliefs. Mastery is a journey - a lifetime of striving for excellence.... Law 1: IF THE RESULTS OF YOUR BEHAVIOR DO NOT MEET YOUR NEEDS, THEN YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR BELIEFS.... LAW 2: REPETITION IS THE KEY TO SUSTAINED GROWTH."
Beautifully written, well documented & researched account of America's lesser known history. The author does an excellent job of backing his claim that America has been and is an Empire all while expanding the reader's view of American foreign policy.
#NonFiction #History #ForeignPolicy #GreenvilleSC