It's very hard to concentrate on my book right now.
I had a pretty good July considering I bailed on probably 6 books this month. I just couldn't get into them. I decided to take a detour and reread the Black Dagger Brotherhood series while I get out of this funk.
63/100 books for 2019
Calling it a night. I only have 10 chapters left but I can barely keep my eyes open. I'll be back after some rest to finish this book and start the next.
It's been awhile but I'm in! I've chosen 2 books I am halfway through and 2 new library books for this weekend. Good luck everyone and thank you @TheReadingMermaid @Andrew65 and @jb72 for hosting this #24b4Monday 😍
So I've been doing keto for 5 weeks and I've lost 20 lbs. The first 3 weeks I did lazy keto but I did not like it. I felt like crap all the time. So I took a break, did a fast and did the last 2 weeks in a cleaner version. (No processed food, no fast-food and no alcohol) I feel so much better and have noticed the weight coming off quicker. These two books arrived today and I am so excited to tryout them out. #cookbooks
1. The Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time, a simple favor & Nos4a2
2. The Harry Potter books. We did the audiobooks during a cross country move. We went from PA to NM to WA. Each leg was 24 hrs. We decided on HP bc it was the only thing that all 3 of us liked.
3. IDK what a "beach read" is so probably something not too heavy (in topic & weight) Something nostalgic like RL Stine or a Sunfire Romance.
I got some big Friday night plans.
I'm pretty sure my dog is trying to tell me to stop reading and pet him. LOL.
I went to a thrift store today looking for vintage books and I found the four books I was missing from the Southern Vampire Mysteries Series! What's even better is they were having a special on all books, 4 for 99¢. I got all four for 99¢! 🤯 The hearts are the 4 I got today. I previously had From Dead to Worse but I lent it to someone at work. Then they quit and took my book with them. 🤬
2. There is a spot in the Jemez Mountains in NM where we would always go cliff diving. They also had tons of natural hot springs.
3. Netflix. I like being able to watch movies in bed
4. We binge watched the Hobbit and LOTR trilogies. Last movie in the theater was Rocketman.
5. Done 👍
@DebbieGrillo @MinDea #humpdaypost
I picked up the next three books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I had the hard choice today in deciding whether to read these or my library books I just got. These won. The next two in the series are not available in paperback yet but I usually end up waiting until 3-4 are available before buying them so I can binge read them all in a row. Does anyone else do that?
1. Blueberry pancakes
2. The one on Vegas that is pitch black
3. No. I'm afraid I'll spill on my book. I'm a bit of a clutz.
4. Blueberry pancake flavor or blueberry fruit tart. Blueberry for sure lol.
5. @LibrarianJen @Dragonfairykats @JoScho (these were last few littens who commented on my posts)
Injection day. I came home & passed out afterwards. I am sore in the injection site but my spasms have stopped so that's a good sign.
My spine specialist told me that every few months a group of surgeons & specialists meet to discuss difficult cases & her and my surgeon will be presenting mine. Fingers crossed that all the extra brains can come up with a long term treatment plan.
Library Haul! I picked these up this weekend & already finished a few. I've been reading a lot lately because I've been having intense muscle spasms in my shoulder blade area so I've been in bed most days. I'm getting some costotransverse joint injections tomorrow which will give me pain relief in that area for about 6 months. Still waiting for approval for my sacroiliac joint fusion ☹️
Post a Picture of your answers. When you were in high school.....
1. What was your favorite book?
2. Who was your favorite band/singer?
3. What was your hairstyle?
Long with weird side part bangs
4. What was your favorite thing to wear?
Band t-shirts (Manson, Korn, Nirvana, Rob Zombie) and shell toes.
5. What did you keep in your backpack?
1. A Simple Favor, The Dirt and Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging
2. Mango Dragonfruit refresher or Ice Cold GingerAle
3. I already returned it so I do t know 😢 It was Sharp Objects though.
Here's my June #Wrapup
I got through 8 books this month and 53 for the year. My favorites this month were Finale, Birdbox, 13 Reasons Why and The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. According to Goodreads, I am 53% of my way to my yearly goal of 100 books. I'm very happy with the progress I am making. Happy Reading everyone! :)
1. Sharp Objects
2. “My sweater was new, stinging red and ugly. It was May 12 but the temperature had dipped to the forties, and after four days shivering in my shirtsleeves, I grabbed cover at a tag sale rather than dig through my boxed-up winter clothes. Spring in Chicago.
3. Birdbox, 13 Reasons Why and The 13 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
Sorry I missed this yesterday. Better later than never!
1. Black Dagger Brotherhood. I own every single book in this series. 🖤
2. Mustard. I hate it 😝
3. I'm an terrified of birds & driving over railroad tracks.
4. So technically I have 2 half brothers but they were older & lived w/ their dad & 2 step sisters but we were already adults when our parents married so I grew up an only child.
5. Okey Dokey 👍
1. Coffee ☕
2. If I can't pick my phone, then my Keurig probably. It was the thing I wanted most from our wedding registry. LOL
3. My favorite is my Stranger Things "Upside Down" bookmark. One side says upside with the kids riding bikes while the other says down with will running from the demogorgon.
4. @LibrarianJen @wanderinglynn
1. White roses and blue raspberry orchids (the flowers I chose for our wedding)
2. I can't decide, I loved a few. The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, Birdbox and Thirteen Reasons Why.
3. Dark. It's on Netflix. It's this amazing German mystery that takes place in the 50s, 80s and present day. I watched the whole 1st season in one sitting and the second season just dropped last week.
4. Edgar Allen Poe
#HumpDayPost @DebbieGrillo @MinDea
🎵🎶Music makes the world go round.🎶🎵
I'm pretty excited for #WizardsUnite I just made my character 🐍 I enjoy Pokemon Go but I feel like I may play this a whole lot more.
Add me if you want 😃.
My Results for the #BookFitnessChallenge #BFC
I walked 30.3 miles & read 11 books. I did not hit my goals of moving everyday & 12 books total but I'm still really proud of what I did. This was so much fun & I will do another #BFC in the future. I will not be participating in the upcoming one because I will be getting my surgery date finalized in the next few weeks. I will be cheering everyone on from the sidelines though. @wanderinglynn
1. My BFF Monica. We met in 1996 when some mutual guy friends introduced us.
2. Albuquerque NM. They have the most gorgeous sunsets.
3. Campfires. It reminds me of camping with friends.
4. Birdbox 5⭐
I got a lot of #LitsyLove over the last 2 weeks and haven't had a chance to post it. Here is the first batch. Thank you @Jee_HookedOnBookz @Alwaysbeenaloverofbooks @OriginalCyn620 @Moodyreader @nevermore88 @catebutler @wife and @AmyG
I loved all of these amazing cards and bookmarks 💌
#HumpDayPost @DebbieGrillo @MinDea
1. All of them 🤣
2. I am currently doing a #BFC but I will not being doing the next one since I may be having surgery during that time.
3. Walking mostly. Before my back got worse I would do circuit training.
4. My babies... Maxwell and Asher. Follow them on Instagram at max.and.ash
Day 16 of #30junebooks
I am #ObsessedWith paranormal Romance. Well specifically these 5 series. These are my favorite books from each series (though I truly love almost every book)
Clockwise from left: Undead series, The Southern Vampire Mysteries, The Dark Hunter series, and the Darkyn series. In the middle is my all time favorite: The Black Dagger Brotherhood series.