I love books where the characters are super flawed and you get to see them grow through the story.
"Love is letting someone have the power to hurt you in ways you haven't even thought of yet"
1. Some Girls Do, Death and the Girl Next Door and The Making of US
2. The Hawthorne Legacy, Lost in the Never Woods and Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
3. I don't have any with the name blue but the following have blue covers : Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts, Truly Devious and The Wife Between Us.
1. Kiss of Fire - Rebecca Ethington, Lost in the Never Woods - Aiden Thomas, and Never Night - Jay Kristoff
2. I went easy with 100 books but with my #tbrdeckofcards , #readmyroom and upcoming releases of Kindle unlimited books, I think it is going to be more. Especially since I'm already at 10 books for this year.
3. The Seven Sins of Snow
I tend to recommend YA books in the fantasy genre. However, I have childhood favorites that I reread all the time & some have become my daughter's favorite.
📚Harry Potter series
📚True Blood series (Sookie Stackhouse)
📚Black Dagger Brotherhood series
📚 Inheritance Games
📚Number The Stars
📚Island of the Blue Dolphin
My daughter got me these two books for Christmas. They are puzzle books with a twist. These may take me all year to solve but I am so down!! 🥰
I will comment down below a brief summary of each 👇👇
Here are the physical books I have that I have yet to read. They will now become part of the #readmyroom challenge to help me whittle down my mountainous TBR list. 10 of these books were purchased new while the others are thrift finds. I tend to donate about half my physical books after reading so getting through these will help open up space on my bookshelves .... for new books 😉
Rough draft of my 52 cards for #TBRdeckofcards this year. I'm working on the layout in my journal for it and waiting for some washi tape to arrive. I'll also be doing a Read the Room challenge, where you read any TBR books you own that have been sitting around your house. Because of that, I've listed all books I don't own on this list to help rid my TBR of as many books as possible.
A day late .... #MemeMonday
I have a Notes app that holds all the release dates for upcoming books this year. If they are kindle releases, I just wait until midnight and start reading them immediately. 🤣
I finished 2021 with 40 States and DC
#readacrossamerica 40/50 + DC
My 2021 Book Tracker. 📚
Here are my top picks for 2021. I narrowed it down to 44 books....sort of. If a book is part of a series, I only included the first book of the series and not the whole series. I also did not include any reread series (Harry Potter, ACOTAR, True Blood, Princess Diaries) since the are already favorites.
2021 Wrap Up!
I read 294 books 😳 I signed up for Kindle Unlimited and absolutely fell in love with so many authors. The majority of my books are from there. I really pushed myself this year to read as much as possible. Next year I plan to slow it down a bit.
I am at 246 books for 2021