I wish I could interpret dreams, I didn‘t want this one to end.
I wish I could interpret dreams, I didn‘t want this one to end.
Not book related but I thought I‘d share my weight loss journey with you lovely lot anyway. I lost 2½ lbs this week and I‘m absolutely gobsmacked! ? This has definitely put into perspective for me that I can eat my favourite meals, I can have treats, and I can eat up to my syn limit and still lose weight! ?
I‘m definitely becoming a lot happier within myself and much more confident. ? I‘ve lost 6lb in four weeks on Slimming World meaning I only have 1lb left for my ½ stone award! ? Last Monday I received my bronze and my silver body magic awards too! ?
Just started reading again this evening after having eye strain for the past week (that sucked), and I decided to treat myself to a new book too because I fancied something dark and twisted (and I‘m still holding on to Christmas) 🎄
It feels like I haven‘t been on here in forever so here‘s a bit of an update. ☺️
» I‘m flip-flopping between 3 different books, each in a different format. I haven‘t finished a single one yet. My reading life has taken a little bit of a back seat lately. ?
» I joined Slimming World at the beginning of January and I‘m loving it. ??
» I quit caffeine and I‘m no longer addicted to or dependant on coffee and I never thought I‘d say that! ?
» The Cuckoo‘s Calling (paperback), ‘Salem‘s Lot (audiobook), and The V Card (eBook). That‘s quite a diverse threesome if I do say so myself! ?
» Mint hot chocolate with whipped cream and mini marshmallows! ❤️
» I don‘t drink caffeine anymore (shock horror I‘m no longer a coffee addict!) and haven‘t for a while so ??♀️
I can‘t actually believe it. I‘m sick. Again. 🤧 I suppose I‘ll have a tv day and play some Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble with my other half... There‘s no way I‘m going to get any reading done with how watery my eyes are or how tingly and irritating my nose is being.
I had such a lovely evening watching Christmas films and wrapping presents with my other half 🥰 Deck the Halls is hands down my absolute favourite Christmas film, ever. 🎄
Just started this last night as my migraine receded and my head finally stopped pounding. I‘m already on part III and I‘m loving it. It‘s like an adult scooby-doo mystery novel and a super fun read. I really hope Kerri and Andy end up together too, I can literally feel their chemistry coming off the pages! 🕵🏻♀️🔍
The first new book I‘ve bought in a while. I couldn‘t say no because I‘ve wanted to read it for so long and, it was only Qa and from the British Heart Foundation. My night is going to consist of catching up on Riverdale, Sabrina and then some reading! ?
I‘ve recently unhauled more than half of my bookshelf that I know I either won‘t read at all or ever re-read again and dwindled my TBR shelf on Goodreads from over 500 down to just 220. I think going forward I‘m probably going to buy more ebooks than physical copies and actually try to read books rather than just collect them.
My hairdresser worked her magic today on my hair and I‘m absolutely in-love with it. 💗 I feel a lot more feminine and myself with shorter hair and I‘m glad I bit the bullet and had it chopped of because a change was long overdue. 💇🏼♀️ I‘m going to have lots of fun styling and playing with it now. 😸
Starting a new book after finishing The Silent Companions in just two sittings! 🤓 I didn‘t realise this was the 9th book in a series but damn I‘m enjoying it anyway, I love these kinds of books so much. 📖 On another note I‘m completely and utterly obsessed with my nails. I used some nail wraps from Thumbs Up Nails called Honeybee and they‘re just so beautiful; I can‘t stop looking at them! 🐝
👎🏻 Migraine, anxiety, and self doubt. Blah!
💇🏼♀️ Getting my roots touched up, and my hair cut short/differently because it‘s time for a change and I‘m super excited because it feels like the first baby step to becoming who I really am!
🖍 Cray-on. Fun fact I used to gnaw on crayons as a kid...
📖 The Silent Companions, I 110% recommend reading this if you haven‘t already. I gave it 5 stars and read it in two days!
Two inches down, five left to knit..
This is hopefully going to be a Hedwig/snowy owl coffee cup cosy when it‘s finally finished! 🦉
Here are just a few fun little facts about myself. ☺️
• My favourite colour is yellow b/c it‘s sunny and happy
• I have a 2yr old cat named Millie, she‘s my baby
• I got into books/reading because of my auntie and I will forever be grateful to her for gifting me the first Harry Potter book when I was a kid
• My hubby-to-be is my best friend, and only friend
• My other obsessions besides books and Harry Potter are Animal Crossing and Sims 4
1. I always finished the chapter I‘m reading, I can‘t just stop in the middle ??♀️
2. Both, I‘ll read whenever and wherever ?
3. Nope, I can read in a noisy café or while the tv is on in the background. But I like listening to ASMR ambient rooms when I‘m reading ?
Amethyst: Peace + Stability + Calm.
I‘ve decided to name my purple Pygmy Puff Amethyst, after the stone. 💜 Amethyst is a natural stress reliever. It rids your home and body of negative energy while attracting positive, inspiring energy and is a powerful aid to creative thinking. ✨
A little bit of a cheeky Harry Potter haul! ⚡️
The satchel, the adorable Hedwig Owl, and the Honeydukes pin badges are all from Primark. And of course the little ball of fur that is a Pygmy Puff is from the Warner Bros Studio Tour! ✨
1. First/oldest (I‘m nearly 24 whaaat?!) 😳
2. I always wanted a sister 💁🏼♀️
3. I have a wonderful step sister who is almost a clone of me and I love her to the moon and back 🧡
4. The Weasley‘s
1. Yorkshire, England 🇬🇧
2. A Man Called Ove ❤️
3. Harry Potter ⚡️
4. Zootopia 🐰🦊
5. Riverdale 🤸🏼♀️
7. Yellow 💛
8. Thriller/Mystery 🧐
9. I‘m self employed and I work from home 🏡
10. I have a cat called Millie who has a heart marking on her fur, and a teddy bear (long haired) hamster called Cocoa 🐱🐹
Does anybody else listen to background noise while reading? 🎧 I love ASMR rooms Harry Potter ASMR ambiance videos, they‘re perfect for when you really want to shut out the world and dive right in to your book (especially when it‘s a Harry Potter book)! 🤓
• New books, however I do also sometimes buy my books secondhand from charity shops 📚
• Exercise, I go to the gym 3-5 times a week and love going on hikes with my other half 💪🏻
• Watch a play/pantomime 🎭
• Road trip 🚐
Enjoying a hot chocolate and reading Ink in my favourite little café ☺️
1. Funko Pops and books
2. If I read a hardback, which is rare, I take the dust jacket off so it doesn‘t get in the way and I don‘t ruin it but honestly, I prefer paperbacks 🤷🏼♀️
3. Amazon or The Book Depository
1. Harry Potter, I‘m not a huge fan of reading books in a series honestly 🙅🏼♀️
2. A Series of Unfortunate Events because there just seemed to be so many books to get through 😫
3. Shelve it if it‘s a book I loved/enjoyed or pass it on to a charity shop if I know I‘m not going to read it again - someone else might love it more than I did
4. I don‘t belong to any book club unfortunately ☹️