While I was away from Litsy, a lot of newbies followed me! So, hello, there! I‘m Daria. Here are #20thingsaboutme.
Please say hello. I‘ve followed so many folks who disappear so I‘d love to hear from you (and hope you stick around)!
Thank you @sudi for tagging me to play this game. It turned out to be a bit harder than I expected. 😂 So here are 20 facts about little ol' me. I'm also supposed to tag some friends to keep it going. I'm tagging @Chelleo @Kelly_the_Bookish_Sidekick @readordierachel @allureofbeauty and @Wellreadhead thank you guys bunches for following the new kid. 😉 #20ThingsAboutMe
Thanks for the tag @DannyHattan.
What a great idea by @LibrarianRyan.
Here‘s my #20thingsaboutme
I tag my some of my newest followers: @jhullie @cweeeevs @hestapleton @HollyReynolds0 @Cathy_J @SitsWithaBook
Thanks for the tag @wanderinglynn 😀
Tagging my 10 most recent followers and encouraging them to take part! @JNSibanda @LeoValiquette @hhavel @Emilymdxn @fangirl.way @Ewaterhouse28 @elyseh @Cortg @Britteey @allibhill
Thanks @LibrarianRyan for the tag! ☺️
And 👋🏻 to some of my new followers: @Ruthiella @MandellaL @hhavel @fangirl.way @allibhill @AmandaLeigh15 @kaitlynvazquez3404 @holdmybookmark @gemmorrr @Momreviews
This is a good way to introduce yourselves. So feel free to play along!
🎨 Grey, grass green, turquoise 🎨
🌞 Summer 🏖
📚 Memoirs, Satire, Alternative History 📖
🌺 Gardening, Quilting 🌻
🍐 Pears, Ginger Snaps, Pretzels 🥨
☕️ Coffee, Mojitos, Craft Beer 🍺
🛍 Totes 👜
I tag @readinginthedark ...hope you have not already been taggged!
1) I LOVE cover art but actually prefer my books in the nude.
2) I don‘t have a porch but if I did I would also have a rocking chair or swing and the answer would be YES!
3) Chapter finisher for sure.
Not new so much as inactive for a long period of time. 1. Washington, USA 2. Fantasy 3. The Cruel Prince, by Holly Black 4. Cheesecake 5. Do Four children aged 16, 13, 10, & 8, and a flock of chickens for eggs outside count? #LitsyWelcomeWagon
I love reading about everyones #litsyavatar stories. I wanna join! My picture is from Halloween a couple years ago. I was taking a pic of my orange and black nails to match my orange shirt, which is how I showed my spirit at work instead of wearing a costume. Im pretty self conscious so I like pics where my face is covered 🙄
1. Hot chocolate (especially with mint!) and I love tea.
2. Socks of all kinds!
3. I'm not a big candle user but subtle scents if I use them
4. Rolos (chocolate +caramel)
5. Washi tape and other supplies for bullet journaling
#allaboutme2017 #secretsantagoespostal #wintersolsticebookexchange
🌲love scents, but rest of family cannot handle scents so no candles please.
🌲shells, stones, postcards, bookmarks, pens
@BarbaraTheBibliophage Thanks for reminders to post these to help out Litten who was matched with me! 😊
1. It depends on my mood! But right now I could go for a sweet latté~
2. Fuzzy socks. Gotta keep them tootsies warm at all times!
3. They always smell different when they're lit, and usually transform into a scent I don't like. But probably something baked goods themed 💕
4. Pretty much anything Kinder.
5. Stationary 😬 and Animal Corssing Amiibo cards (or at least, trying to).
I probably average 4 to 5 books a month. My GR challenge is 60 books this year, and since I'm at 50 now, I should make it. Genre I avoid is horror. Any bookmark will do, but paint chips make colorful ones. Never counted, clearly in the hundreds! More!! Random fact: I'm a certified soccer referee (retired).
1. This was the waterfall we saw today!
2. I am most looking forward to (and terrified of!) starting my new jobs. I am a school counselor at TWO sites!
3. Something salty. Anything involving cheese.
4. I really enjoy getting up early and feeling productive first thing. My partner does not. Our weekends are filled with compromise!
5. Dunkirk. But I just bought us tickets to see Ingrid Goes West when we get home. And also Detroit looks 🙌🏻.
1. I'm 24
2. I feel like I'm 20
3. BA in Celtic studies
4. Getting my MA in Ancient studies
5. I hate graphic novels
6. I am restless and easily bored
7. Which means I can't read for more than 1 or 2 hours in one go
8. Together with my BF since I was 18
9. My favourite music genre is grunge
10. Fav. book genre is fantasy
11. I met my boyfriend on World of Warcraft
12. I am a museum tour guide
13. Want to own a bookshop
2 adult children and one HS senior (all girls!)
About to be a grandma
Married to my bff
60% blind in one eye
Wish I could have more animals!
Work w/ children with autism
Collects Dean Koontz
Love murder suspense and horror books
Hate horror films
Spiced rum and Coke 😋yum
Lived in Ohio
Moved to AZ
Don't watch tv
Will never turn down a cupcake
1. I can speak 4 different languages 2. I love taking photographs 3. Italian food is the best! 4. I have a BA in History 5. I love dogs 🐶 6. I did a charity skydive this year ✈️ 7. Julia Roberts is my favourite actress 8. Shopping ❤️🛍 9. Family is super important to me
👓I am 35 years old
👓Man Cub is 9
👓I have 1 older brother (married w/1 child)
👓I can't stand 🍉 the actual fruit or the flavor.
👓I was born in Texas but raised in Michigan
👓We have 3 cats, but only 1 lives in our house (the other 2 are with my parents right now)
👓My favorite place in the world is Barcelona
👓ampersands are fantastic and I collect them
👓I am the absolute black sheep of my family
8. I only drink milk if it's been 1st used for Oreos/cereal
9. I have an Imagination Room (see below)
10. My non-fiction writing has been published
11. I've been called a 📚 hoarder
12. I've run a RL book group for >13 years
13. I ❤️ Christmas & wrapping paper w/ fervor
14. I'm Christian
15. I ❤️ tea, coffee & cocoa
16. I also hoard socks
17. I bake
18. I don't like summer; I do like winter!
19. Fall & 🎃 everything
20. I'm a pluviophile ⛈🌧🌩🌫
2. We've been here 18 years--longest I've ever lived in one place by far!
3. Favorite breakfast--I'm not a big breakfast person, so French toast or donuts?
4. I'm a night owl, so my favorite time for everything is nighttime!
5. We have one dog, a Papillon named Oliver.
I moved to Binghamton NY last year for a new job.
My favorite breakfast is waffles (just call me Leslie Knope) ANYTIME of the day.
I read whenever I can. Sometimes work gets in the way.
I have three 🐱 Persephone, Harpy, and Hades.
1. Post a pic of your house: when we were shuttered up in anticipation of a hurricane last October 2. How long have you lived where you live? 28 years😄 3. What's your favorite breakfast? Avocado toast 4.what time of day do you read most often? Afternoon, probably 5. Do you have any pets? Not now. Hubby allergic to cats, and we lost 2 sweet greyhounds, still dealing with that. #friYAYintro
Since we're spending all this time together, here's more about me. #litsyquestions @GypsyKat
1. 10 hours/week on average
3. Historical fiction & YA
5. Poor editing
6. The escape from reality
7. I wish my friends/family read more so I could discuss books with them.
This is actually from senior year of high school last year, but I look exactly the same lol
Hobbies: reading, writing, basketball
Drink: sweet tea
Food: steak and mac n' cheese
Color: red and black
City: Pigeon Forge
Dream house location: anywhere with lots of space
Tv show: Charmed
Last theater movie: Wonder Woman
Currently reading: To many books to list 😅
(Btw I'm 18. I get told I look younger)
Fave Hobby: Reading 📖
Fave Drink: Coffee ☕️ & Gin & Tonic
Fave Food: Pasta 🍝
Fave Color: Purple
Fave City: Don't think I've visited it yet
Dream House Location: Near a beach where the temp never exceeds 80 degrees, with lots of lush plants and comfy places to read
Fave Accessory: Whatever tote bag I'm carrying
Fave TV show: Anything on ID
Last movie seen in a theater: Don't remember-Sad!
Currently Reading: Hunger
Favorite hobby: 🎱🎱🎱
Favorite drink: 🍺🥃☕️
Favorite food: 🌮🥑🌮🧀🌮
Favorite color: 💟💜💟
Favorite city: 🏙🗽🚇🎭
Where would my dream house be: 🏡🌲🏔🗺
Favorite accesory: 🎧🎼💍💄
Favorite tv show: 🗃🖍📝📽📺👔💼🍸🍸🚬🚬🚬💰
Last movie in a theater: 🙈🙉🙊3
Currently reading: 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻💊💊💊
Drink: ☕ in the am🍷in the PM
Food: anything with 🥑
Favourite city: Montreal
Dream house: on the water, somewhere in NS or NB
Favourite accessary: 👓🕶️
Favourite TV: currently, The Americans
Last Movie: Baby Driver
Currently reading: Impossible Views of the World, The Well of Loneliness
1. New York! On couch. In living room.
2. Can't remember 😕
3. The Notebook is my favorite movie. Cheesy but fabulous! I've never read the book though. Also The Last Unicorn. Tough question.
4. Yes. I have one now. A 35+year old box turtle named Chula that was surrendered to our rescue by a couple who couldn't keep her. She should be released into the wild but can't due to health issues so her and I are roomies for life now! 🐢#welcomelitten
Ooooh this looks fun!
1. West Palm Beach, FL 2. Wind-Up Bird Chronicle 3. Harry Potter 4. Kimi No Na Wa (Your Name) 5. Gilmore Girls 6. The Tallest Man on Earth 7. Green 8. History/Memoir 9. Felony Courtroom Clerk 10. #KittenLitten